• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

advice needed r.e minicredit/opos please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed r.e minicredit/opos please

Hi,
    I would greatly appreciate some advice on opos dca if anyone can help please? I took out a 200 loan from minicredit in 2012 which I couldn't pay back. To cut a long story short it went to dca opos after charges etc were added on at 930 so I entered into a dmp to start getting it (& others) paid off. After relishing that the dmp was charging me for their services and hardly anything was being paid off my debt I stopped it and as there have been no payments made to opos for at least six months now they have sent me a letter with an eye watering balance of 1607!!! I know I have paid just over 300 back through the dmp and just wondering if there is anything at all I can do?
    Tags: None

Re: advice needed r.e minicredit/opos please

First you need to know exactly what they are trying to charge you for in terms of interest and charges.

Comment

Who is Opos acting for?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        First you need to know exactly what they are trying to charge you for in terms of interest and charges.
        Thanks for getting back to me :-) do I just write to them asking for a statement if charges etc?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Who is Opos acting for?

nem
          Minicredit

Comment

Sorry for any typo errors, at work and trying to do ten jobs at once as well as reply :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

These debts are usually sold off if defaulted.
              Yes write demand ( don't ask) a full detailed breakdown of all the fees and charges applied to the account, and that no further correspondence can be entered into until this has been supplied. Give them 7 working days to comply.

nem

Comment

Yes write demand ( don't ask) a full detailed breakdown of all the fees and charges applied to the account, and that no further correspondence can be entered into until this has been supplied. Give them 7 working days to comply.

nem
                That's great cheers for the advice . Is there a template letter to use and do I request the original contract too as I've heard minicredit have ceased trading in the UK last year-dont know if this makes any difference or not? Thanks again!

Comment

And what happens if they don't respond?

Comment

I have about six other pd loans outstanding that I was paying off through the dmp too and to be fair have probably paid off what I borrowed and interest - any advice re these too??

Comment

Possibly interesting report this morning http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...A&goto=newpost
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

nem
                        Thanks - is there a template letter I could use please??

Comment

Sorry there is no template for this situation.
                          Try this.

Opos ref: ...............

Sir / Madam,

I refer to recent correspondence regarding an alleged debt arising from an account Minicredit and state the following.

I am unable to reconcile the amount Opos it claiming and have no knowledge of any outstanding debt for this amount.

Therefore I require Opos to supply a fully detailed breakdown of how the claim amount has been arrived at.
                          I am willing to allow 7 working days for this to be supplied.

send signed for post.

Comment

Sorry there is no template for this situation.
                            Try this.

Opos ref: ...............

Sir / Madam,

I refer to recent correspondence regarding an alleged debt arising from an account Minicredit and state the following.

I am unable to reconcile the amount Opos it claiming and have no knowledge of any outstanding debt for this amount.

Therefore I require Opos to supply a fully detailed breakdown of how the claim amount has been arrived at.
                            I am willing to allow 7 working days for this to be supplied.

send signed for post.
                            great thanks alot

Comment

As most people know, minicredit ceased trading and have assigned their portfolio to another company who are using OPOS to collect the money . I noticed that on my jan credit report the balance had increased m possibly so minicredit could get a higher price.
                              I suspect but have not seen proof that these companies are all inter related.
                              I myself am getting phone calls from OPOS which I ignore , after all they are Scottish lol. I have heard nothing with regards to a NOA .
                              If they write I would be inclined to send a prove it letter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X