• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TaxReturnSubmission & TaxReturnPortal .co.uk Unoffical self assessment tax return

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TaxReturnSubmission & TaxReturnPortal .co.uk Unoffical self assessment tax return

These are 'unoffical' websites which charge £500.

This payment is for ''extra services'' NOT FOR PAYING YOUR TAX.

If you require additional services then CHECK the company you are looking at using does actually offer the service. ie. Do they have an experienced accountant ? Are there good reviews of the company ? Does it actually save you effort or would you be as best doing it yourself on the OFFICIAL HMRC WEBSITE > https://www.gov.uk/log-in-file-self-...ent-tax-return ALWAYS CHECK OUT THE COMPANY BEFORE GIVING THEM SENSITIVE PERSONAL AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
    ''Additional benefits of using our service include:
    • Submission checked by experienced accountant
    • Submission made by tax return experts with years of experience
    • Follow up calls if there are any problems with your application
    • Possible translation of necessary forms
    • Immediate order confirmation
    • Secure payment system
    • Application checked for omissions and errors
    • Renewal notifications
    ''
    The owner of the website, ''Progress Applications'' also owns websites Job Concern UK, Quick and Simple, Aftermarket Products, Simple Capital and STC Nationwide

The websites were looked at by the Daily Mail in January. Since the Mail article Connor Saunders has resigned as Director of the company and Robert Saunders has taken over. The websites however are still live.

Filing a tax return via copycat websites taxreturnsubmission or taxreturnportal is straightforward – as I discovered last week. But irrespective of what information you provide (factual or fictional), it seems there is only one guaranteed outcome – you will be charged £500.

I submitted a forename of ‘j’, a surname of ‘p’, a bogus unique tax reference number of 1234567890 and a spurious National Insurance number. I then classed myself as ‘self-employed’ with an income of £50,000 for the tax year ending April 5, 2014 and expenses of £10,000. Result? A request for an ‘immediate’ £500 fee with the threat that if I failed to submit my tax return, I could face penalties of ‘up to and over £900’.

A box asking me to ‘confirm and make payment’ was pressed. But when I got to the payment page and was asked to supply my credit card details – as well as whether I wanted to save my card for future use – I thought better and cancelled my return.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...#ixzz3TsSZF6TM
    To actually submit your tax return online visit https://www.gov.uk/log-in-file-self-...ent-tax-return
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Amethyst; 9th March 2015, 09:27:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: TaxReturnSubmission & TaxReturnPortal .co.uk Unoffical self assessment tax return

The address that the company is registered at is an accountants -

Anthon Marlow Chartered Certified Accountants & Tax Advisors.
    6 Clinton Avenue
    Nottingham
    NG5 1AW

I have emailed him to ask his involvement in the websites.

I doubt it is any more than the company accountant as there are 95+ companies registered at his address.

The address given on the taxreturnsubmission website says
    "Premises" means our registered office is located at 25 Rectory Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 6BE
    Last edited by Amethyst; 9th March 2015, 10:09:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Re: TaxReturnSubmission & TaxReturnPortal .co.uk Unoffical self assessment tax return

Filled in some random details, and said I was not employed, and not self employed - suprisingly my amount owed is £500.

Attached Files
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

:decision::decision::spy::spy: will ask elvis about these tomorrow night.
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Same bunch also do NI Numbers and Driving licences - they used to do TV licencing but that site is down for maintenance.
          Attached Files
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X