• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gumtree Ticket Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumtree Ticket Scam

I'm new to this forum and unsure where to look for advice,
    I have been conned out of £140 and would like advice on the best method to try and get my money back.
    Tags: None

Re: hello

How were you conned and by who? and how did you pay

Comment

paid for tickets (from gumtree) via paypal, didn't realise there were different options on there so just paid using sellers email address (ive since found out this was through friends and family). the seller was still offering the tickets for sale 3 days later. i'm sure he has no tickets and has sent me false confirmation emails. I have asked for refund but had no correspondence from him.

Comment

Does Paypal guarantee cover you

Comment

no it says not as it was done through friends and family

Comment

Can anyone advise whether its worth pursuing this through the small claims court? I have sent email giving 3 days to return payment but don't hold out much hope.

Comment

Unless you want weeks of grief a Court claim may not be the best idea although a LBA to the seller may be worth a try depending on how they reply a decision can then be made of course if you can afford to lose the Court fee its worth a try they could only try and defend so you have a good chance of winning but then would they pay.

Sorry for being negative but I would be thinking long and hard if I was in your shoes.

Comment

What's a LBA?
                should I just forget it and put it down to bad experience??

Comment

Do you have the sellers address?

Who have you reported it to so far?

When you paid by Paypal, did you use a credit or debit card to fund the transaction.

I've also moved your thread into the Scams Forum
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I have 2 addresses for the seller, some further investigating will give me the correct one.
                    ive reported it to gumtrree, they have reported it to action fraud.
                    I paid using a debit card via PayPal.

Comment

Re: Gumtree Ticket Scam

Was it a Visa debit card?

If so contact your card provider and reclaim it under Section 75
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Ok thanks I will look into that.

Comment

only option available is to try to claim money back through bank chargeback - I think.
                          I'm still wondering what an LBA is.
                          This is becoming more frustrating by the day, I'm putting all the effort in to get my money back whilst he's sat there with my money having a good time

Comment

LBA = Letter Before Action

This is a letter you would normally send to someone giving them 14 days to pay up otherwise you will submit a claim to the courts, not really applicable to you at the moment. Pursue the matter through your credit card provider.

Comment

I have submitted a claim for chargeback from the bank, 7 days have passed so far. meanwhile can anyone point me in the right direction for a draft LBA to a private individual (can only find company ones)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X