• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cancelling my Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling my Insurance

I wrote to Natwest on 17th Feb to cancel my Building and Contents Ins.
    I just said as from todays date I wish to cancel and understand that you will take the last DD on the 27th Feb 2008. Once this payment has been made I will cancel all future DD's to yourselves. Now so far I have not been in the bank to do this.
    I received a letter from them today saying.
    Your Direct Debit Instructions is cancelled and we now require a valid payment method. Your next instalment is due on 27/3/08.
    For full details of payment by Direct Debit, please see the Debit Guatantee on the enclosed Direct Debit Instruction. (which is enclosed)
    Alternatively, contact us for early settlement details.
    Then the usual phone us with any quereies.

This I have just done, to be told it can only be cancelled from todays date. The fact that my DD has been cancelled, but not by myself is a mystery to the chap I spoke to.
    Now I have just checked and I did in fact send my letter to the wrong address, I hold my hands up there.
    But surely it should have been passed to the correct dept and the date of the cancellation honoured.
    Also when I see what the address sent my letter to is in fact the bank/building society address lol I can now understand why my DD was cancelled.
    They are still though trying to get another months payment out of me and possibly 2 months. So where do I stand with this,anyone...

Re: Cancelling my Insurance

IS the insurance with NatWest Insurance services? Was it cancelled on the renewal date given?

Comment

yes it is and no it isn,t

Comment

yes NatWest and No for renewal?

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
          yes NatWest and No for renewal?

correct lol

Comment

What is the notice period specified in the policy with regard to cancellation?

Comment

General Conditions
              3. Cancellation.
              You may cancel the cover under the policy by giving us written notice. We may also cancel the cover under this policy by giving you 7 days notice to your last known address. Provided no claim under this policy has been made or has a risen in the current period of Insurance. We will give a refund of the premium paid for cover under this policy for any unexpired period of insurance.

Exact words would it be different cause i am paying monthly?

Comment

What is the notice period for you, also 7 days, it is not specified?

Comment

That is all I can find on the actual schedule about cancelling, it was on the phone the chap said it is a month.

Comment

Ok have written a letter, explaining about me sending my cancellation to the wrong address.
                    I have enclosed a copy of their letter saying my DD had been cancelled, but not by me.
                    A copy of the cancellation details, which does not state 1 months notice as far as Ican see.
                    A copy of my original letter dated 17th Feb.
                    So will see what happens next, but will call in the bank and make sure the DD is indeed cancelled.

Comment

Good idea. Somebody cancelled the DD and must have been acting on information from you in order to do so.

Comment

Well all sorted, DD has been cancelled and a letter from them saying I owe £2.12, not going to argue this I am cutting the cost of my insurance by nearly half and I can see no difference in the policy details at all. Quite chuffed really

Comment

Well done :clap2:
                          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Well done from me :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X