Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tresor Rare Refund Help

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Tresor Rare Refund Help

That's so weird because they have just "turned up " in Kingston- I took one look and set to my husband that its re branding of Orogold, you've just confirmed what I suspected. I can't believe this company has not been looked into...I never hear them mentioned ....

Quote Originally Posted by flopsy View Post
    Hi there,

A friend of mine bought some items there after a hard sales pitch and I have been looking at the company because of the claims that they made. My friend (who was depressed and vulnerable) was marched off the street, then subjected to a hard sell when pushed into a treatment table. Then lied to about the products, then convinced it was just for her and a special offer for one day.

A poster on another internet group says that it is the same shop and the same people who were selling Orogold previously. They have just rebranded themselves.

Other posters then link this company to the popup kiosks in malls selling Dead Sea products. A short look at this returns reports of Israelis illegally working in countries like the USA, NZ etc and being deported. Have a look on the internet for Orogold employees and see how many have links to the Israeli military (not surprising as national conscription is compulsory) and oddly counter-terrorism jobs.

The Orogold postings on the internet are interesting. They paid a "record price" for the lease on the shop in South M St and now the same address is used to sell Tresor Rare.

How did these people end up as salesmen and woman for the same companies? The same companies that their "customers" are mentioning in the context of brainwashing during the sales pitch.

All allegedly as far as I can see. This needs an investigative journalist in my opinion.

My friend went though an awful experience in the Tresor Rare shop. Lied to and manipulated.

It's easy to laugh about a fool and their money. That's what I though initially. There's something more here though I think.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

This is so funny! I got dragged in off the street and given the hard sell and a special discount by a young Italian guy. He was very charming and I spent £150 largely because his almost 1980s timeshare sales script made me smile. I immediately spotted them as rebranding of the Israeli army guys. The sell was just as hard but whereas back then they used to make you feel like shit but that somehow spending lots of money on their product would make it a bit better, now they tell you you're gorgeous and go through very slick sales patter and pretend to make friends with you. It made me laugh and I bought one thing and he threw in a facial, but told me he wasn't supposed to... his friend even pretended to tell him off. Very funny at the time but actually incredibly unethical. I'm wishing I hadn't bought.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Ok so here's my story in brief. I was acosted on the street , South Molton and sold a couple of products but one is meant to be free. Although how can one really be free when the other costs £380. I've found all this scary news about the company now and it's a worry. I've opened up the bags and the lids are missing from the bottle and from the box. This can't be right. I also ended up in Orogold just next door who managed to get me to buy a ridiculous amount of completely irelevant skin care.
    I have bought my skin care from proper houses since age 17 and feel ashamed that I have managed to allow this to happen. I must have finally gone round the bend. Orogold got nearly £4000 from me. Can you imagine ? I've also read that in no way do you want to be rubbing gold or diamond dust into your skin no matter who makes it. It won't give any benefit. Has anyone been caught as badly or should I apply to Guinness Book of records for the biggest rip off inside a pop up shop. Apparently they havce so many names you'll never trace them and now they are so big and have made so much money that they are almost untouchable. In Hawaii they were being looked at for hawking.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1679 Post(s)

The lids are missing ? I'd get yourself back to the stores, if they are still there? or were they both pop-ups? How did you pay ?

I'd have to agree spending that sort of money on skincare, and particularly without a great deal of research and consultation first, seems completely bananas to me, but them I'm fine with a bar of coaltar soap, which I guess is similar concept as rubbing gold or diamonds into your skin
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I purchased a couple of items in the London store on 20 September. Like others, I was given extra items for free. The salesman was charming and persuasive though I would stop short of saying he pressured me. As I was returning to Australia the next day I packed them straight away and didn't realize until I unpacked them that the main item I had purchased (£500) was not the right one and in fact I had been given a more expensive one, which I did not want. I contacted support through the Tresor Rare website. Other than an automatically generated response I have not heard from them again.
    I was getting quite concerned, and felt particularly vulnerable being so far away. After a week I sent an email to the cosmetic@markething.com address on the invoice. Within 24 hours I had heard back from Liviu S and, within 3 days, we had sorted everything out and they had offered me a full refund upon receipt of the goods, plus a free facial when I'm next in London. At all times Liviu was polite, helpful and professional. I can't fault her responses and her promptness in replying.
    My advice would be to contact them directly through the email address printed on the invoice.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

On a recent trip to Kingston I was approached by a lady outside the store....I said I wasn't interested and moved on...heard the lady again and turned around thinking maybe I'd dropped something and walked back towards the store. Found myself drawn inside by her very pursuasive sales patter. Suddenly I was in the shop with my hands in a sink, rubbing cream into them.., she then proceeded to put cream around my eyes...full of compliments and made me feel good. Totally drawn in, thought they were nice products but
    very wary. By the way...no prices to be seen anywhere in the store. Asked her how much the products were...400 pounds for the cream 250 for another 150 for the third...told she can do an offer of 550 for the lot!!!! OMG not for me I thought. Told her I wasn't interested and would like to go away and think about it. "I like you she said, I'll do a special offer"...spoke to the manager..."I'll give you the eye cream and salts for 175 pounds including a facial in 2016"...totally sucked in, extremely persuasive and paid by credit card. On leaving the shop I thought what the hell have I done as I've never spent that amount on facial creams. Looked up the company when I got home and was horrified to read the reviews. I can't afford these products and felt extremely pressured into buying them. Went back the following day to return them and I felt lucky they gave me a full refund as I wasn't happy with the products as they made my eyes itchy. The manager queried that my eyes itched and tried to claim the card i offered was not the one i'd used for the purchase clearly trying ( to the last ! ) to halt the refund going through. Be very careful, check your statutory rights, they are not obliged to offer a refund and feel others may fall victim to this hard sell.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Last Friday (18th December) I went into their storein London (was dragged in actually!) . The company did a demonstration onmy face of products and I ended up buying well over a thousand pounds worth ofproducts, which they were to post to me on Monday . Unfortunately I had areally bad reaction to the products and I contacted them later that night byvoicemail explaining and asking them to contact me (I can prove this from phonerecords and the call duration)and also email to cancel the dispatch and requesta full refund to my card. I was told on the Sunday that the products hadalready been shipped, which was impossible as I left the store at 5.30pm on theFriday and I left a voicemail during the night which they would have picked upfirst thing on Saturday. I was then given an email address for a different company and they said they will only give me a credit note (for products I haven't even received and am allergic to). they said I had to produce a doctor's note for a refund - what is the point when the rash ahs now gone. I put a post on trustpilot and they have disputed it as they seem to manipulate social media!

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by juicylucy398 View Post
    They've been there for about 6 months. Here's a photo of their return policy.

Interesting that the wording above differs significantly from that on the receipt:

"Due to the nature of our products and in accordance with trading standard and fair trade regulations, we reserve the right to withhold refunds or exchanges of cosmetic products.
    No refunds or exchanges after 14 days of purchase date
    This does not affect your statutory rights
    Please keep in touch. For any feedback or questions
    Cosmetic@everestm.com
    *EverestMarke Thing**
    34 South Molton Street
    W1K 5RG
    London
    Tel 02086173429"

It is also interesting that the website www.everestm.com does not exist.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by used View Post
    Ok so here's my story in brief. I was acosted on the street , South Molton and sold a couple of products but one is meant to be free.
    I also ended up in Orogold just next door who managed to get me to buy a ridiculous amount of completely irelevant skin care.
    I have bought my skin care from proper houses since age 17 and feel ashamed that I have managed to allow this to happen. I must have finally gone round the bend. Orogold got nearly £4000 from me. Can you imagine ? .
    It seems that these guys have special sales techniques that can make people act out of character. Do they use hypnotic suggestion? Is that legal in the UK?

Site Owner

Mentions
    1679 Post(s)

I was reading their facebook page - EverestMarkeThing - you have to hit the translate button on it - but think it gives a good overview of what's important to them - and it's not your skin care.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    I was reading their facebook page - EverestMarkeThing - you have to hit the translate button on it - but think it gives a good overview of what's important to them - and it's not your skin care.
    Interesting, the Facebook page in Hebrew. I read somewhere that the company originates from some Israeli military guys. If they designed the sales methodology, it could contain advanced military techniques for subliminal persuasion. The average punter has no chance!

The MO seems to be to lure the mark into the store with free gifts, sell him/her something expensive but still "affordable". Once that is paid for they start the real heavy sales patter to buy more and more, using "free" treatments and facials as the hook.

Afterwards the victims blame themselves for being foolish but in fact the blame (or credit if you are studying sales) lies in the skilful sales methods.

Naturally with so much commission at stake, there will be extreme reluctance to refund.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Couple of questions for the "legal eagles" here:

1. If the Refund Policy on the receipt is more restrictive than the one on display in the store, do they have to respect the one in the store?

2. Can they refuse refund because the product was on "sale"? Or does this have to be explicitly stated in the Refund Policy?

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hello Grace,

I am now also struggling with my refund with Tresor rare. But since i am overseas right now, could you please share me your case how did you return goods to them and how did they refund your money back? Thank you so much Grace

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grace jakes View Post
    I purchased a couple of items in the London store on 20 September. Like others, I was given extra items for free. The salesman was charming and persuasive though I would stop short of saying he pressured me. As I was returning to Australia the next day I packed them straight away and didn't realize until I unpacked them that the main item I had purchased (£500) was not the right one and in fact I had been given a more expensive one, which I did not want. I contacted support through the Tresor Rare website. Other than an automatically generated response I have not heard from them again.
    I was getting quite concerned, and felt particularly vulnerable being so far away. After a week I sent an email to the cosmetic@markething.com address on the invoice. Within 24 hours I had heard back from Liviu S and, within 3 days, we had sorted everything out and they had offered me a full refund upon receipt of the goods, plus a free facial when I'm next in London. At all times Liviu was polite, helpful and professional. I can't fault her responses and her promptness in replying.
    My advice would be to contact them directly through the email address printed on the invoice.

Hello Grace,

I am now also struggling with my refund with Tresor rare. But since i am overseas right now, could you please share me your case how did you return goods to them and how did they refund your money back? Thank you so much Grace

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tern View Post
    Hello Grace,

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Grace,

"Grace" is almost certainly a fake poster from the company. They are active on review sites such as TrustPilot. This company does not give refunds willingly.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone
    I took am going through the exact same thing and was wondering if anyone would be interested in banding together and hitting them with a class action?
    Many thanks

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I had similar situation and want to hear others' experiences. please contact shuurik @ Gmail.com

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi all, I left a review on Trustpilot detailing my experience - Casey Towse. I would also be interested to hear people's experiences so please email me on caseytowse@gmail.com. Many thanks!

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Tresor rare is directly related to trading names like Oro Gold and Vine Vera and Elevatione etc. I have been subject to high pressure sale tactics on January 16 at Vine Vera on New Bond Street for a total of £5,500. Any attempt to recover the monies returning the products have not yielded me a refund. Since then I have undergone an extensive investigation and preparing a group litigation case against all UK based cosmetics stores that are linked to Mazal Enterprises (mazalll.com) in the US: OroGold, Vine Vera, Tresor Rare, and others. If you have been subjected to high pressure sales tactics and purchased products that didn't need and want and failed to get full refund, please contact me at shuurik@gmail.com until June 30, 2017. The case will be under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Act 2008 as merchants above use banned sales tactics as well as under Misrepresentation Act of 1967 for misrepresentations of the products at the time of purchase.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagerbear View Post
    Tresor rare is directly related to trading names like Oro Gold and Vine Vera and Elevatione etc. I have been subject to high pressure sale tactics on January 16 at Vine Vera on New Bond Street for a total of £5,500. Any attempt to recover the monies returning the products have not yielded me a refund. Since then I have undergone an extensive investigation and preparing a group litigation case against all UK based cosmetics stores that are linked to Mazal Enterprises (mazalll.com) in the US: OroGold, Vine Vera, Tresor Rare, and others. If you have been subjected to high pressure sales tactics and purchased products that didn't need and want and failed to get full refund, please contact me at shuurik@gmail.com until June 30, 2017. The case will be under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Act 2008 as merchants above use banned sales tactics as well as under Misrepresentation Act of 1967 for misrepresentations of the products at the time of purchase.
    Hi Eagerbear, did you get anywhere with your court case please? I was given false information at the time of purchase that the products were made in Switzerland and that it contained diamond dust and was made from pearls (all a lot of bull obviously) and Everest Markething has refused a refund. Please let me know if you have any updates. Many thanks.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1679 Post(s)

From some paid for review site
    Using products from the brand's BX-Relaxor range, which contain precious ingredients such as refined diamond dust, pearl powder, ground sapphire and gemstones, plus a sprinkling of gold dust, the facial promises to leave your skin looking and feeling clearer, smoother, plumper and more radiant.
    Sounds like you'd be pretty much rubbing sand /glass into your face, which would generally make it swell up and go red ...

Why are they refusing the return and refund ?
    Have you been in contact with your bank / card company ?
    Last edited by Amethyst; 13th September 2017 at 20:13:PM.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    From some paid for review site

Sounds like you'd be pretty much rubbing sand /glass into your face, which would generally make it swell up and go red ...

Why are they refusing the return and refund ?
    Have you been in contact with your bank / card company ?
    They have changed their returns policy to exchange only or credit note... I bought the products based on claims made by the salesman which I then found out to be false such as the product was made in switzerland and had diamond dust for exfoliation etc. On their website, it says the product is made in the US but under 'swiss expertise' (whatever that means) and looking on the ingredients list, it looks like the products just contain loads of chemicals. So I have sought a refund from the company which they have refused. Now, will be taking it up with the credit card company..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12