• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

marston group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marston group

I had the pleasure of a visit from two of there bully boys in december,
    i let a young lad who worked for me use my address for mail,
    unknown to me he had outstanding court fines he also was going out with my daughter for a bit, but this finished in late november
    so these two turn up with a warrant at my door while i am at work, the warrant is for fines that this lad had not paid
    my wife phoned me and i rushed home, it was 7,30 in the morning on arrival the two were outside, but one had the door held open with his foot in it,
    and refused to move, the other was standing slightly back and holding an ipad, he said he had a warrant, but this was not showed to me or my wife.
    it got quite heated and he pushed me by the throat backwards into my house, anyway, the police arrived around two minutes after this
    i told them he had assaulted me, and they ignored this, and went straight to the other bailiff and asked what was going on, he waved the warrant in front of them and they accepted it, and said it was civil and there was nothing they could do, i told them they were not coming in and the lad did not live at the address,
    i even got the lad on the phone, and he told them this, he also told them his current address and was willing to meet them there, the police witnessed all of this,
    they then told the police that the warrant was not for the lad but the address, as the law had changed in april 14, , and it could be served to remove property for the debt from my address
    i told him he was not coming in, they said a removal van was around the corner and they would be here and i had 20 ins to produce receipts
    now, the police then said if i obstructed him, or assaulted him, i would be arrested, o i felt my bac was against the wall, so i paid these pair of thugs £949 by credit card
    that day i wrote a letter of complaint and sent it of to marston group, complained to the police, and wrote to my MP,
    now two weeks later i got a letter from marston group, basicly saying as a goodwill gesture i would be refunded, this was dated 3/1/15, as of yet no refund, my MP is still on the case,
    i also went to magistrates court to complain of the way this was handled, that was a waste of time, as far as they were concerned , even though the debt was not mine, now i had paid it, it was up to me to collect it, ,justice, yea right,
    i am still working on getting this refund, and will sooner or later, at the min i have took to harassing these thieving fockers on every social media site i can find them on, it seems the do not like to be harassed, but its ok for them to harass others , i have also managed to find a couple of their directors numbers and emails, so they are getting the same treatment, nothing vulgar or rude, just messages at awkward times asking them to expedite my refund or contact me
    i dont know if there is any legal action i can take, but county court has sprung to mind
    anyway, moral of story, don't let anyone use your home address for mail
    Tags: None

Re: marston group

Originally posted by kvnsmith View Post

That day i wrote a letter of complaint and sent it of to marston group, complained to the police, and wrote to my MP, now two weeks later i got a letter from marston group, basicly saying as a goodwill gesture i would be refunded, this was dated 3/1/15, as of yet no refund, my MP is still on the case.

I also went to magistrates court to complain of the way this was handled, that was a waste of time, as far as they were concerned , even though the debt was not mine, now i had paid it, it was up to me to collect it,

I am still working on getting this refund, and will sooner or later, at the min i have took to harassing these thieving fockers on every social media site i can find them on, it seems the do not like to be harassed, but its ok for them to harass others , i have also managed to find a couple of their directors numbers and emails, so they are getting the same treatment, nothing vulgar or rude, just messages at awkward times asking them to expedite my refund or contact me.
    If you had received a letter stating that a refund would be forthcoming then I am as surprised as you are that the refund has not been forthcoming. I assume that you have checked you credit card statement?

You say that you have contacted directors via email. Have you received any response at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
      If you had received a letter stating that a refund would be forthcoming then I am as surprised as you are that the refund has not been forthcoming. I assume that you have checked you credit card statement?

You say that you have contacted directors via email. Have you received any response at all?

yep, checked, nothing,
      they told me they were sending a cheque i asked why not refund it to the card, they said they dont work that way
      and no directors dont reply, i think they ignore it on purpose,

Comment

yep, checked, nothing,

they told me they were sending a cheque i asked why not refund it to the card, they said they dont work that way and no directors dont reply, i think they ignore it on purpose,
        Have you called the company to ask why the cheque has not arrived?

Comment

I had the pleasure of a visit from two of there bully boys in december,
          i let a young lad who worked for me use my address for mail,
          unknown to me he had outstanding court fines he also was going out with my daughter for a bit, but this finished in late november
          so these two turn up with a warrant at my door while i am at work, the warrant is for fines that this lad had not paid
          my wife phoned me and i rushed home, it was 7,30 in the morning on arrival the two were outside, but one had the door held open with his foot in it,
          and refused to move, the other was standing slightly back and holding an ipad, he said he had a warrant, but this was not showed to me or my wife.
          it got quite heated and he pushed me by the throat backwards into my house, anyway, the police arrived around two minutes after this
          i told them he had assaulted me, and they ignored this, and went straight to the other bailiff and asked what was going on, he waved the warrant in front of them and they accepted it, and said it was civil and there was nothing they could do, i told them they were not coming in and the lad did not live at the address,
          i even got the lad on the phone, and he told them this, he also told them his current address and was willing to meet them there, the police witnessed all of this,
          they then told the police that the warrant was not for the lad but the address, as the law had changed in april 14, , and it could be served to remove property for the debt from my address
          i told him he was not coming in, they said a removal van was around the corner and they would be here and i had 20 ins to produce receipts
          now, the police then said if i obstructed him, or assaulted him, i would be arrested, o i felt my bac was against the wall, so i paid these pair of thugs £949 by credit card
          that day i wrote a letter of complaint and sent it of to marston group, complained to the police, and wrote to my MP,
          now two weeks later i got a letter from marston group, basicly saying as a goodwill gesture i would be refunded, this was dated 3/1/15, as of yet no refund, my MP is still on the case,
          i also went to magistrates court to complain of the way this was handled, that was a waste of time, as far as they were concerned , even though the debt was not mine, now i had paid it, it was up to me to collect it, ,justice, yea right,
          i am still working on getting this refund, and will sooner or later, at the min i have took to harassing these thieving fockers on every social media site i can find them on, it seems the do not like to be harassed, but its ok for them to harass others , i have also managed to find a couple of their directors numbers and emails, so they are getting the same treatment, nothing vulgar or rude, just messages at awkward times asking them to expedite my refund or contact me
          i dont know if there is any legal action i can take, but county court has sprung to mind
          anyway, moral of story, don't let anyone use your home address for mail
          Have you spoken to your credit card provider to do a chargeback as the amount is above £100.00 and the credit card company is jointly liable?

The bailiff has clearly misrepresented himself to you and forced a payment from you for something that you were not liable for so therefore they need to repay you in the same method that they took the funds. Currently they've had your money for more than three months which means they've made money on that.

Have you approached your credit card provider for a chargeback?
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

i approached barclaycard the same day after legal advice, it was not done as chargeback,interest was frozen while it was looked into,
            marston were paid on the day, it was never classed as chargeback, but, for some reason, marston have said it will not not be refunded to my card, and a cheque has been raised but not sent, due to a chargeback, that never happened,personally i would rather wait, divide the monetary value , and take all the directors to court one at a time, and hopefully for the amount, they will ignore it, and i can then instruct bailiffs to do what the y do to others

Comment

and yes i have, but, there is no point in calling these people, its money over morals, they will not deal with complaints or e=refunds over the phone, they are evasive at best, and rude at worst

Comment

I have to say that this is very strange indeed as the company clearly have agreed to repay you but somewhere along the line, the person actually making the payment appears not to have been instructed.

Will reply in the morning with suggestions.

Comment

What a nightmare.

Did you get the name of these thugs ?

Did they just turn up with no warring? Were there no notices sent prior to their visit ?

Comment

I assume they will be paying interest at the prevailing rate on County Court Judgments of 8% pa.

Comment

and yes i have, but, there is no point in calling these people, its money over morals, they will not deal with complaints or e=refunds over the phone, they are evasive at best, and rude at worst
                      Email their chief executive and copy into the email your MP so that it is clear that Marston know you are doing it.
                      Scan onto the email the letter and state that it has know been nearly 2 months and no cheque has been sent and you are unhappy with this situation.
                      The chief executive's email is as follows(sometimes, the chief exec's office being emails moves mountains more that ringing them)

gareth.hughes@marstongroup.co.uk
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

had a call this morning, from jan whitehead, she has told me the chargeback has been done to the card, and wa very apologetic.
                        she told me that she has instigated an investigation into this whole matter,
                        finally a result, but i think this is because i found her personal phone number and left a few messages , nothing rude,
                        she seems like a nice person, unlike the two thugs that turned up here

Comment

and as far as i am aware, they never sent a notice that i had seen, and no i never got the names, but im sure the nice lady will find out who they are

Comment

had a call this morning, from jan whitehead, she has told me the chargeback has been done to the card, and wa very apologetic.

she told me that she has instigated an investigation into this whole matter,
                            finally a result, but i think this is because i found her personal phone number and left a few messages , nothing rude. she seems like a nice person, unlike the two thugs that turned up here
                            I am pleased to read that this matter has been concluded.

Comment

and as far as i am aware, they never sent a notice that i had seen, and no i never got the names, but im sure the nice lady will find out who they are
                              They will have sent a notice of attendance at least a week before they turned up. perhaps a word with your daughters ex to ask him why he did not pass the information on may be called for.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X