• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Everyday extortion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyday extortion

Hi Folks,

I just had an interesting chat with CID.

As some of you may be aware, I've been trying to have an ex CEO of a bank (HFC's Adrian Hill) prosecuted for extortion.

It was very clear that they're very reluctant to go ahead.

One of the reasons though was particularly interesting. They said that there'd been absolutely no other calls to prosecute from other citizens!

It made me look like a sole nutter!

So, if we're ever going to have these bankers jailed, I'd like folk to realise how simply banks can try and extort money from us.

I appreciate, to date, that most folk are either intimidated and pay what they don't owe, or just assume the "banks are up to their usual tricks" without taking action.

I attach an example of extortion, the one that's been put forward to CID in fact.

If you have a letter like this, go to the police if you have time.

Thanks for reading.

Rico.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Everyday extortion

WTF ? Crimes only matter when enough people kick up a fuss?

If the papers take an interest in that you may get more interest, particularly in an election year.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X