• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor Client Satisfaction Questionnaire ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor Client Satisfaction Questionnaire ?

Hi all .... Solicitor Client Satisfaction Questionnaire ?

Add update
    Make anonymous
    Delete question

I have been with this firm of solicitors for many years now and recently they represented me for a property sale and purchase that went well. On completion I was sent the 'Client Satisfaction Questionnaire' that I completed and returned expressing my overall satisfaction but making comments about requesting simple acknowledgment to emails would have been good ( in the light of a few being 'bounced back' ) and asking for the reception staff to simply smile as they always appeared so stern. In effect, simple things that would have made a good experience great. I thought that this was the purpose of these questionnaires, to be honest and objective, otherwise what is the point?

The solicitor replied that having taken the points on board, she felt that her firm clearly could not provide the standard of service that I required and therefore asked me to find another solicitor to represent myself.

If I had been offensive, I could understand but my comments were simple and to my mind justified. I wonder how people in the legal profession view this and can solicitor firms react like this when comments are made at their request? I align this to the solicitor concerned throwing 'toys out of the pram' and possibly forgetting that it's the client that pays. OR have I got this all wrong? I have known this solicitor for some 28 years now and have really no wish to go elsewhere.

I am now having to source another solicitor, go through all the motions again including providing identification and ( I assume ) look for another firm to look after my will affairs and act as executor etc. Not to mention the time and distress of being rejected in this manner.

Views please! Thanks !
    Last edited by Snoopy1948; 26th February 2015, 10:35:AM. Reason: additonal information

Re: Solicitor Client Satisfaction Questionnaire ?

Just to clarify the position, my proposed new property purchase was aborted as there were expensive leasehold issues and I decided not to proceed. However, I have found another property and assumed my solicitor would act 'in continuum' for me and I was very happy for her to do this.

Comment

Was the feedback given made publicly available on one of the many "review" websites or was it directly to the solicitor's firm in question.

If you are overall happy with their service then I would be inclined to speak with them and express the reason you gave your views and that they were in no way meant to be taken personally. If following that, they would still prefer you to take your business elsewhere then I wouldn't hesitate, they do not deserve your custom and if they act that way with other clients they won't stay in business for much longer.

There are many good firms out there, who I am sure would be willing (and perfectly able) to take on your instructions. It's just a pity that there aren't any "comparison" websites that measure price, service quality & location. That would certainly make it easier to narrow down your search rather than having to trawl through the Law Society's find a solicitor search and then looking through separate "review" sites
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thank you for the excellent reply. No the feedback was simply on a 'Client Satisfaction Questionnaire' returned directly to the firm. My honest view is that this solicitor is petty and petulant and as the client/solicitor relationship has been 'tarnished' by their approach, I have decided to seek conveyancing services elsewhere and hopefully at a more competitive price. Still hard when you have known the firm for nearly thirty years. Totally unprofessional approach from a seasoned legal professional who prefers to satisfy their own feelings against that of a paying client.

Comment

And that is how firms lose clients. As you quite rightly point out, it is not always about price, Joe Blogs LLP next door could do the service for £50 less, but without good service they wouldn't get a repeat customer.

Sometimes paying a little over the odds for prompt communication/updates and friendly approachable staff can make a big difference. Research other firms local to you, taking particular note of ratings from others on "review" sites such as solicitor.info or rated people etc.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X