• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have a query re Fredrickson International and Capital One.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a query re Fredrickson International and Capital One.

Hi Folks

Entered a DMP back in 2010 and have been paying the agreed sums to each creditor every month since.

Recently received contact from Fredrickson International wishing to discuss my debt with Capital one, whom I have been paying for the past five years directly via standing-order. I initially made the repayments to the DMP Company but they kept sending the payments late, so I started to pay Capital One directly via the payment details provided by the DMP company. This was over a year ago.

Fredrickson International claim to be working on their behalf (Capital One) but I insisted they write to me as I have no relationship with them and wanted further information regarding their cause to establish contact.

Over three week's later, today I received a letter stating their records show there remains a balance outstanding on this account and they do not have an active repayment arrangement in place???

They have urged me to contact them without delay to prevent further debt recovery action, which may include my debt being sold to a third-party. When I did speak with them initially, they advised me the debt hadn't been sold to them but they were merely managing the account for Capital One?

I am concerned as I have have been making regular agreed amounts, initially set-up by the DMP provider, so why am I being contacted and can the debt be sold/re-assigned and the default re-registered etc...

Any help would be most appreciated.

Best wishes,
    C.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X