• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Expensive visit from Marstons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expensive visit from Marstons

Hello to everyone on this forum, this is my first post, I apologise if it has been done to death but I can't find a post that exactly replicates my situation, so here goes:

On Monday 9th of Febuary my Mother In Law turned up to baby sit whilst my Financee and I go out to work. She said there was a white van parked over the drive way; probably an online shopping delivery I thought.

Knock on the door "I am here to speak to Mr H"

"Thats me, what about?"

"I am from Marstons, I am here to collect money in relation to an unpaid fine"

"Where? How much?"

"Bus lane, Manchester on 06/.08/15, £407"

I explained that I was unaware of the fine. We moved twice in 2014. He said, regardless, pay the money or the car is leaving today. I need my car to get to work; on this particular day I was meant to be in Wembley for 10:30 (I live in the West Country). A quick calculation in my head tells me that if I don't go to work I am going to lose about £200, I can't afford the charge to increase for clamp removal, towing, storage etc etc, so I cough up the money. He gives me a receipt and dissappears.

I spoke to Manchester Council, who say I must apply in writing to get a copy of the ticket and explained that I would have been written too 4 times before it went to court and then probably by the Bailiffs before attendance.

I have been told (by the TEC) to fill in a PE2 & PE3 and submit it to them, however, I have seen TE7 & TE9 mentioned.

Is there any chance of success with this or am I wasting my time? Have I shot myself in the foot by paying?

The original fine was £30, on review of the video, I would have appealled it but didn't get a chance.

I should mention that I left home 1 in March, Purchased home 3 in July and moved from home 2 to home 3 in October. Home 1 was rented from my boss, who didn't bother forwarding me any mail (thanks alot!). I updated my Driving Licence on 05/08/14 but not sure about my V5. I have always been registered at the relevant address for council tax.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give
    Tags: None

Re: Expensive visit from Marstons

Is you V5 correct for the car?

You have paid all there is so it is worth trying to get it reset.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X