• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs clamped husband's car for my parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacobs clamped husband's car for my parking fine

Originally posted by KateA View Post
    Hi there,

My car, registered in my husband's name has just been clamped by Jacobs for a parking fine December 2012. The bailiff had no warrant, just the usual unsigned printout without a court seal.

I informed him the car belonged to someone else and didn't confirm who I was. The charges are £422 , no breakdown, no bill and the value of the car exceeds the cost by some margin.

He has threatened to come back in 24 hours and remove the car. What are my options in such a short timeframe?
    Something which I should have seen which has just been pointed out to me. The OP says"my car" so the bailiff is correct, it matters not who the vehicle is registered to of course.

Comment

Re: Jacobs clamped husband's car for my parking fine

Originally posted by KateA View Post
      Hi there,

My car, registered in my husband's name has just been clamped by Jacobs for a parking fine December 2012. The bailiff had no warrant, just the usual unsigned printout without a court seal.

I informed him the car belonged to someone else and didn't confirm who I was.
      Kate,

Has there been any update on this matter?

If you look at the V5c document from DVLA it very clearly has a note printed in bold on the front page advising that the registered keeper is not necessarily the OWNER of the vehicle. I note as well that you had not mentioned whose name the PCN was in. Without that vital information is would have been difficult for proper and accurate advice to be given.

You also did not mention whether or not a Notice of Enforcement had been received and if so, whether a sensible payment proposal had been offered.

On the subject of a 'court seal'. That is not in any way a requirement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X