• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LLowel trying to claim money on behalf of Vodafone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLowel trying to claim money on behalf of Vodafone

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have been dealing with a very uncooperative company Llowel for a few years now over a supposed £360 debt with Vodafone. At first I fought my corner and they stopped contacting me for over a year, now they have decided to rear their heads again. I will be looking to take out my 1st Mortgage this summer with my partner and very concerned this could have a negative impact (they have told me its better to just pay to get marks removed from my credit file).

Looking through the forums here I think this may be the best place for me to get the legal advice I need. So far I've only protected myself through phone calls and requests for information, all which have had no positive outcome. ANY advice you guys could offer would be very appreciated.

The alleged debt is from a 24 month mobile contract which began Dec 1st 2007, and came to an end in May 2010 (Some how a little more than 2 years) - Llowel have even agreed that they can see I paid a final cancellation fee of £57.51 on 17th April. They allege that they were passed this debt by Vodafone as I then failed to pay monthly payments towards this contract in May 2010 through to Sept 2010.

I asked Llowel for proof that I owe Vodafone this debt by providing itemised billing, and copies of the contract, signed DirectDebit agreement, and how they came across this debt, as I believe they are attempting to claim money on some kind of whim.. With this request they sent me nothing more than an itemised bill (which if anything fights my case). I rang them and told them that this is not even close to the information I requested.

So far through my questioning to them I have managed to ascertain the following.
    • On none of the above dates did Vodafone contact me to inform me they were still attempting to take money from my bank (and failing)
    • Itemised billing shows that this number/Sim card was not active or used after the final payment date in May.
    • They cannot provide proof of how they came across this debt (Some staff have claimed it was passed to them, others have claimed it would have been purchased from Vodafone in a "batch" of debts.
    • They cannot no matter how often I have asked, provide any real information as to WHY I owe Vodafone a penny.

I have had further calls with them which have left me frustrated. I can never speak to the same person twice, and I have to explain the entire situation to them over and over for each member of staff to understand. 1 of them even suggested he believed I have a case, which he would raise with his manager....
    I was then told that a letter had been sent to my home address detailing all of my concerns, and answering all of the questions I had, which was prompted by the above conversation suggesting I had a case. I have confirmed I received their letter, which in a nut shell was half a page long claiming I owe money and should pay off asap to avoid any CCJs etc. Answering none of my questions, and completely ignoring that they stated I may have a case.

My last conversation with them left me the most dumbfounded. They now claim they have raised a dispute with Vodafone on my behalf twice. When I asked how that went they said Vodafone's response is that they dismiss my dispute, and to pay what I owe...... They claim they can only raise a dispute twice so that option has now been exhausted, meaning my account can no longer be placed in a "disputed" state and for this reason Texts, Calls, and Letters will continue until I Pay, with a threat via a letter to pass this onto THEIR debt recovery agency.... (I though that's what they were).

Due to the inconsistency in all of my conversations, I have asked them to provide me with a digital copy of ALL recorded conversations I have had with them (by their agreement this should be ALL calls), proof of how they obtained this debt, and all the information I previously requested that was never supplied. This was over 2 weeks ago and still nothing but letters and texts telling me I need to pay.

I think they have no case here and are clutching at straws, and I would be more than happy to argue this with them until the cows come home... But the thought of having a black marker over my head with my mortgage plans so close, this is really worrying me.

If anyone could advise how I can fight this with solid LEAGL wording I would really appreciate it, as I think my lack off is why my requests and complaints fall on deaf ears.

Always appreciated,

Nathan
    Tags: None

Re: LLowel trying to claim money on behalf of Vodafone

there is a Vodafone guy ( Lee) maybe admin can get him to visit this thread?

Comment

That would be really appreciated, I'm now starting to get worried I might get hit with a CCJ, and I know it will already have left a mark on my credit file (as far as I am aware the only one!!).... And months before starting to apply for my first mortgage with my partner I'm really concerned this could get in the way....

Comment

Hi Nathan.
        Always keep matters regarding "debt collection" in writing as you can see from your experience so far, you need "paper trail".

The alleged debt will have been bought by Lowell in Portfolio of debts.
        This means Lowell now own the debt and Vodafone are not owed anything, you now "owe" Lowell.
        Lowell is a Debt Purchase Company an assigns debt to various collections agencies
        to manage and collect payments.
        If you want the information you mention here you will need to make a "Subject Access Request" to VF, this is made under the Data Protection Act 1980, and requires VF to provide all the person data it holds on you re the account. is

There is a £10 statutory fee to pay, VF has 40 days to comply. (Template in forum library).

Any default will negate a mortgage application so I understand your concerns.
        Was the "termination" payment cancellation made online, by phone or in writing (cheque payment)/

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

Thank you for your response and helpful info. The "Termination" was made over the phone, which Llowel have already told me they can see on the account.

I will get the SAR letter template you suggested filled out and sent off to VF. Last time I spoke to them they said they had no records on file that I was ever even a customer...

To help fight my particular type of case which pieces of information do you think would be most relevant? I work in the direct debit/BACS industry so I will be paying particular attention to the Direct Debit and contractual agreements (if they are supplied at all) and anything that should have my signature on it. But what should I be keeping an eye out for in terms of other short fallings by VF? I have already established they tried to take 5 monthly payments from my account in the months following the "Termination". All were obviously declined as no DD agreement existed anymore, and no notification was given by VF that they were attempting to take funds and failing..... I was unaware until a Llowel letter came through my door.

1 more thing is I signed up to Noddle today and indeed can see a default on there from Llowel. But when expanding the history of the default it seems to have a red 'D' over every month for around 15 months. Please tell me I am correct in understanding this is 1 default and just a time scale for which I haven't paid up, and not 15 defaults.....

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

Comment

Hi Nathan,

You'll only have one default for the account on your credit file, which will by there for six years from the date it was originally recorded.

If you'd like me to take a look at the account, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
            I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Vodafone Company Rep View Post
              Hi Nathan,

You'll only have one default for the account on your credit file, which will by there for six years from the date it was originally recorded.

If you'd like me to take a look at the account, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
              Hi Lee,

Thank you for your time with this, really appreciate your getting in touch.

I have followed your instruction and sent an email quoting the code in the subject line. It may however have sent twice some how as I have received 2 confirmation emails with different references (9607424 & 9607426).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

Nathan

Comment

Hi Nathan,

I've got your emails and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
                I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X