• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issue with JD Willams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with JD Willams

Hello everyone,

I apologize if I have posted this thread in the wrong section.

I am having some problems with JD Williams (Jacamo) and before I type up the problem I would like to be taken seriously as what I will write here may give you the impression of wrong doing on my behalf but this isn't the case.

I have been a Jacamo customer for around 18 months now, I have ordered from them and never had a problem up until November 2014. I placed an order for an xbox 360E which cost £199 and I bought it for my nephews birthday and I was told it would take around a week and a half to get to me as it was sent via their supplier. I got an email from Jacamo saying the item had been dispatched but they did not give a tracking number or the couriers name and a few days later I checked on order overview and it said delivered but this wasn't the case so I got in touch with their customer service department who contacted the courier and said I had signed for it but they did not tell me where it was is was delivered to so I demanded to see a copy of the signature but they asked me to send them mine (a scan of the back of my debit card) and it didn't match the one they had and they apologized to me and refunded it back to my credit account.

Early December I purchased a copy of Call of Duty Black Ops for my own XBOX360 and again this was sent via the supplier again via Royal Mail but I waited a while for it to arrive and it didn't so I again got in contact with Jacamo and they asked me to call my local Royal Mail sorting office to try and trace it and Royal Mail got back to me and said they would let me know if it shows up, I never got a call back from Royal Mail so I can only assume this got lost in the Christmas rush.

Just before Christmas I purchased a HP laptop from them, it was delivered a day later by DPD and I signed for it and set it up but I had a problem with it as it kept crashing so I packed it back up quickly and requested a pick up and it was picked up by a courier who asked me to sign a sheet of paper and print my name (there were several other names on their who he had either delivered to or picked up from) so I handed it over in good faith but to this date Jacamo claim they didn't get it back, they asked me if I got a receipt and I said no and explained that I had signed this sheet so I had to escalate this complaint further and via the CEO it's now in the hands of JDWilliam's Security Investigations Department.

I know some of you may be sitting reading this with raised eye brows but I can tell you this is all the truth.

I have been emailing back and fourth with them and they demanded that I send in photographic ID etc to prove that I live at the address on my account, I don't have any photographic ID so I sent in mobile phone bills, water bills, scans of my debit cards, bank statements etc but they are also demanding to speak to me on the phone but I broke my iphone and told Jacamo at the start of the complaint that I don't have a working phone and the only way I can communicate is via email or letter but this investigations department is having non of it.

They have sent a few emails that come across to me as arrogant, demanding and quite rude if I am honest which I am not happy about. They said if they can't talk to me via phone by the end of next week they will be forced to come visit me at my home and if I don't do that they will be forced to 'enforce the law' with their investigation'findings' which they won't share with me.

I have done nothing to break the law and the threat they have made is serious, if they think I have broke the law then surely they have a duty to pass this 'information' on to the police and not give me ultimatums so something is a little fishy.

I have been a good customer with Jacamo, I pay on time, I have built up a healthy £1000 credit limit with them and I am not this liar they are making me out to be. I intend to speak to them via phone during next week to discuss this at length (I have bought a cheap replacement phone) but I just don't understand why they can't give me their reasons in writing, not just over the phone, I know this conversation may get heated and I would prefer to deal with things like this in writing so I have a copy for my own records.

Where do I stand legally with this?
    Last edited by Donoghue89; 20th February 2015, 20:30:PM. Reason: Grammar
    Tags: None

Re: Issue with JD Willams

Certainly DO NOT contact them by phone. There is no law which says you must, so don't.
    Tell them they do not have your permission to make a home call, and you withdraw any implied right of access. (you could even tell them it is because their arrogant and rude attitude
    concerns you)
    you're quite right to keep it in writing. If they refuse, complain again to the CEO.

I know that lots of couriers don't routinely leave receipts when they pick up items. You now know to ask for one, especially for high value items.

Continue to stand your ground. It is their system that has failed.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Certainly DO NOT contact them by phone. There is no law which says you must, so don't.
      Tell them they do not have your permission to make a home call, and you withdraw any implied right of access. (you could even tell them it is because their arrogant and rude attitude
      concerns you)
      you're quite right to keep it in writing. If they refuse, complain again to the CEO.

I know that lots of couriers don't routinely leave receipts when they pick up items. You now know to ask for one, especially for high value items.

Continue to stand your ground. It is their system that has failed.
      Thanks for the reply.

I just don't understand their legal threat, I will email them again and outline my concerns.

Shall I post the emails they have sent me on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Donoghue89 View Post
        Shall I post the emails they have sent me on here?
        Don't think that's necessary at the moment.
        Be warned they have a bit of a reputation for being a little aggressive and a tendency to ignore what their clients say.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Don't think that's necessary at the moment.
          Be warned they have a bit of a reputation for being a little aggressive and a tendency to ignore what their clients say.
          Ok, I will update in the week.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X