• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Being Chased by Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Chased by Lowell

Looking for some advice RE: Lowell Financial,

I have been receiving letters from this company for several months now, they are chasing an old debt with Marisota from some time ago. According to the default on my Noddle account its showing as defaulting in 2012 with the original account being opened in 2010 but I'm sure the default was before this. Anyway about 2-3 years ago I started to pay the debt back using another company which I cannot remember the name of which has mysteriously disappeared from my credit history after they stopped taking the payment from my bank and didn't communicate with me after that.

Several months ago I started getting letters from Lowell apparenly claiming that I owe them just over £1400 which they are still pursuing and have now sent a Pre-Legal Asssessment as well as letters offering 20% off.

What is the best course of action to deal with this shower of b******* as I tried contacting Marisota who have no interest in the debt as its been passed on.

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Being Chased by Lowell

Lowell Lowlifes are well known for recording a fresh default when they buy the account instead of keeping the original date as it should be. This is something you should get amended as the original date should remain so the default drops off six years after the original date.

Marisota wouldn't have any interest in the account because it's been sold. I'd send Lowell a CCA request, they'd have to go back to Marisota to get a copy, and since they're not interested.... they may not find anything. That should keep them quiet and busy while they investigate. :thumb:

Comment

Hi could we have a logical view of the history of this account please?
      1. When was the account opened.
      2. When referring to the default being " earlier" do you mean on a credit report entry Or receiving a default notice from the original creditor?
      3. I thing you urgently need to make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 (SAR) to the original creditor, to get all the personal data it holds on you. There is a £10 statutory fee for this and the creditor has 40 days to comply.
      4. If you have not done so send a CCA request to Lowell, this is for a copy of the agreement and a current statement of the account.
      There is a £1.00 statutory fee for this and Lowell has 12 + 2 Working Days to comply (use a cheque or postal order endorsed for statutory fee only for the fee. Get proof of posting or use signed for post.

nem
      Ps Marisota cannot ignore the SAR.
      nem

Comment

The account was opened before 2010 IIRC. I had an issue which I raised with them at the time thanks to a courier or driver stealing one of my orders which I was charged for so I refused to pay till it was sorted out and never heard anything else about it for some time.

The default only recently appeared on my credit file as far as I can tell and if the account had defaulted I'm sure it would have been before the date stated although I have no paperwork to check this as I moved house and lost it all.

I've just typed up the CCA to send to Lowell which I will do tomorrow, and I will get a SAR typed up and sent away aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by ayrdj11 View Post
          The account was opened before 2010 IIRC. I had an issue which I raised with them at the time thanks to a courier or driver stealing one of my orders which I was charged for so I refused to pay till it was sorted out and never heard anything else about it for some time.

The default only recently appeared on my credit file as far as I can tell and if the account had defaulted I'm sure it would have been before the date stated although I have no paperwork to check this as I moved house and lost it all.

I've just typed up the CCA to send to Lowell which I will do tomorrow, and I will get a SAR typed up and sent away aswell.
          Who are you sending the SAR to?

They should normally go to the original creditor rather than the debt purchaser, Lowell wouldn't have all the historical account data, Marisota does and they still have to comply with a SAR even if they've sold the account. :grin:

The SAR should show when you stopped making payments to Marisota and the default should have been recorded 3 to 6 months after that. Once you have that data, you should be able to get the date amended on your credit file so it drops off at the right time. Most companies will only send data for the past 6 years but that should take you to 2009 so it should do the trick for you. :thumb:

Comment

The SAR is going to Marisota as it originated with them.
            The date of the default is showing as october 2012 but its only started showing on my credit report since June. I'm certain the default was well before that.
            According to a statement from Lowell I made three payments last year, I know for a fact I didn't make any payments to them back then as they weren't lettering me.

Comment

Lowell are a law unto themselves when it comes to defaults and phantom payments. The SAR to Marisota should show when you actually defaulted and once you are in possession of that information, you can get the default changed back to the original date.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X