• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scorpio1960

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpio1960

About 25 years ago I had a loan for 10,000 with Lombard after so long I had trouble paying debt, it was then sold on to Arden in which I pay them£55 month but it's got to point whether I should carry on paying them I never signed agreement to say I would pay them . A couple of years ago I asked them for loan agreements in which they sent me a blank Lombard form they must have had all there money back , I am wondering if to stop paying them just not sure what to do I have looked and can't find it on a credit record can any body out there give advice thanks alot
    Tags: None

Re: Scorpio1960

Hello Scopio,
    Sorry you have not had a reply until now

Do Arden send you annual statements?
    Check if your credit files are being updated, Noddle (Call Credits Free Offshoot)
    Just how long have you been paying the £55.00 pcm?

nem

Comment

Hi yes get a statement once a year I think , I have looked noddle and there's nothing at all on there . Been paying the £55.0 years must be ten or more thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio1960 View Post
        About 25 years ago I had a loan for 10,000 with Lombard after so long I had trouble paying debt, it was then sold on to Arden in which I pay them£55 month but it's got to point whether I should carry on paying them I never signed agreement to say I would pay them . A couple of years ago I asked them for loan agreements in which they sent me a blank Lombard form they must have had all there money back , I am wondering if to stop paying them just not sure what to do I have looked and can't find it on a credit record can any body out there give advice thanks alot
        Hi yes get a statement once a year I think , I have looked noddle and there's nothing at all on there . Been paying the £55.0 years must be ten or more thanks
        What is the balance on your latest statement? You should really keep an eye on that, £55/month = £660/year, over 10 years it would be £6,600 you've paid. Did they freeze interest?
        There was a case on another forum where someone entered into a similar repayment arrangement in 2000, over the phone the creditor agreed to freeze interest. When the OP got a statement in 2012, it said he owed £24k!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: It turns out they've been adding interest all along.
        Do check what your balance is and post up here, you may want to consider a reduced F&F settlement with then for a fraction of the outstanding balance.

Comment

There won't be anything on your credit file after such a long time, defaults drop off after 6 years and if you've been paying £55/month for over ten years, the default would have dropped off years ago.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X