• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest, drydens, lloyds, and me 2 (help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capquest, drydens, lloyds, and me 2 (help)

Originally posted by MrsJ View Post
    Hi Di,

Your thoughts would be well received
    I'm thinking they've not threatened to do anything so you have no need to do anything.

They've not answered your Part 18 Questions. They know that, hence their feeble letter with no deadline for you to respond "or else".

They may even have figured out the debt is Statute Barred (otherwise why would you have asked those 3 particular questions) so any return to court would be futile. They will know you can ask the court to force them to answer those questions if/when you want. I see no reason to re-send the letter.

There are legal twists and turns (applications) which you could initiate to get rid, but then again you can leave well alone until they decide to pounce (if they do) and you can then pounce right back at them with both barrels.

Your dignified silence may be worrying them. They can always discontinue if they want

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

We have received this letter today, could we have your thoughts on its content please.

How can they be surprised with our non-response when they did not answer our question?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Di,

We have received this letter today, could we have your thoughts on its content please.

How can they be surprised with our non-response when they did not answer our question?
        Hello Mrs J it's a standard Drydens phishing letter.

nem

Comment

Hi Di,

My thoughts are the same as your thoughts. It's a case of 'pot calling kettle black' isn't it.

It's five weeks since they last wrote to you so they're simply trying to create a conversation which you don't need to have.

You've set out your position (that they've not responded to your Part 18 Questions) and there's nothing more to add.

That letter doesn't say they'll do anything nasty if you don't reply in 14 days. I see no threats in it.

Maybe they'll stop writing or maybe they'll apply to lift the stay and keep going. You could make an application to strike out the claim but that entails a risk (and costs) if they redouble their efforts to prove their case.

If they attack you can defend.

Let them stew in the meantime.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X