• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** WON *** AVidUser v BPS - hearing 26th May ** WON ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** WON *** AVidUser v BPS - hearing 26th May ** WON ***

Thread for Avid User - just sorting docs now.

Claim dated 14th Jan

Acknowledgement was entered but appears to have been taken as being a Defence so we now have allocation/directions questionnaires N180.
    Attached Files
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: *** AVidUser v BritishPasssportServices (UK Services & Support)

Charges
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tools; 13th February 2015, 17:05:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

CONTRACT TERMS

Office. We will then book in the appointment on your behalf and contact you via
      email once the booking has been made for you with the exact time, date and the
      reference number. If you require the appointment promptly and there is a
      cancellation available then you understand the allocation may not be in your name
      however it will remain valid for use.
      Using this form does in no way guarantee you a passport or the appointment time
      and date that you request as it is subject to availability. British Passport Services
      (aka Passport Services Worldwide Ltd) will do it’s utmost to secure the date for the
      time that you desire however this is subject to availability and standard terms set
      out by the Passport Office. Those under 16yrs or who have never held a UK
      passport in the past or if their old passport has been lost, stolen or damaged
      cannot use the 1 day Premium Service. The Fast Track 1 week service can only be
      used by first time applicants under 16yrs of age or those 16 or over if they have
      held a UK passport in the past.
      You must ensure the applicant is eligible before using our service as no refunds can
      be issued after this form has been submitted, if an appointment is secured via
      other means or if the appointment allocated is changed or cancelled. You expressly
      agree that cancelling the appointment does not cancel the contract. If the applicant
      is not eligible for the Premium Service we may book a Fast Track service instead.
      By using our Services you expressly agree that we will commence provision of the
      Service immediately upon receipt of this form, consequently once work has begun
      there will be no option to cancel your order under the provisions of the Consumer
      Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. It is agreed that the only recognized
      cancellation method is calling our Cancellation Helpline on 02036000145 and
      entering your 5 digit cancellation code/applicant ID. You agree that requests to
      cancel via email, text message or calling our main helpline numbers are not
      accepted. If work has not yet begun the agreement can be cancelled paying a £20
      fee.
      You can secure a free appointment via Her Majesty's Passport Office directly on
      0300 222 0000 (www.gov.uk). This package and fee is for one person only. British
      Passport Services does not have any preferential access to Passport Office
      appointments nor any access to any Offices calendar. During office hours it will
      take an average of 3-4hrs to receive confirmation of your booking which will sent
      via email however it is understood that it may take longer.
      The service fee (from £117.60) you pay our independent organisation for this
      package is non-refundable even if all package items are not redeemed. Full
      payment is required in full within 72hrs of completing this form otherwise you
      agree that overdue invoice charges can be added at rates found at:. All fees you pay us do not come off the
      passport fee due to Her Majesty’s Passport Office on the day of the appointment.
      The 1 day Premium Service is £128 for an adult, the 1 week Fast Track Service
      £103 for an adult or £87 for a child.
      We do not charge for the appointment, the fee that you pay British Passport
      Services is for the use of our online booking form, the work involved securing the
      appointment at the office required, ongoing phone, live chat and email chat inc use
      of our international Freephone service, application checking service for errors and
      omissions, access to our multilingual staff and form, one telephone consultation
      with a senior passport adviser (up to 30 minutes), appointment reminders via
      phone, sms and email, assistance with directions to the Passport Office you are
      travelling to as well as email and online video advice on how best to prepare for the
      appointment.
      In addition to this the following items are free as part of our package: a twenty
      percent discount on policies from our travel insurance partner, price freeze on
      passport prices, 90 day loss protection warranty on the applicants passport and if
      requested the free submission of the European Health Card and upgrade of the
      applicants full UK driving license to one recognized worldwide, plus an approved
      authorization and second passport letter completed for you. Optional Passport
      Office Exemption subject to: x
      This online booking form is available for the convenience of the user and is
      provided by British Passport Services who are not affiliated with Her Majesty’s
      Passport Office or any government department as we are an unaccredited privately
      owned organization with no ability to issue passports ourselves.
      We are not responsible for any errors, losses or damages that you may incur whilst
      using this service, you use any of our services at your own risk and agree to the
      terms found at xk and understand that any advice
      provided should not be considered professional advice.
      We may contact you to ask if you are satisfied with such services, send you free
      email, sms and recorded phone call messages from ourselves and other companies
      in our group. To unsubscribe or change your communication preferences visit:
      x We may pass information held on your
      passport and on related passport records to public and private sector organisations
      in the UK and abroad when you use your passport, obtain a service or when it is in
      the public interest to do so.

Do you Understand that all services are nonrefundable
      and that by submitting this form you are
      Authorizing us to begin the process immediately?
      - Yes I understand this and authorize you to begin the service immediatly
      Do you Understand & Agree that should your
      circumstances change then the only Acceptable
      Cancellation Method is to use our Cancellation
      Helpline?
      - Yes I Agree & Understand that to Cancel I need to call: 0203 6000 145
      Do you Understand & Agree that you may be
      allocated a Different Appointment Date if Your
      Choices are not Available?
      - Yes I understand that Appointments are Subject to Availability
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

DEFENCE that was entered by aviduser.

We will need to amend this at a later date but AFTER allocation and directions are dealt with.

There is no proof that they delivered the service that I am
        supposed to pay for.

Furthermore the web site (at the time) was masquerading as a
        Government web site that was purporting to be the actual passport
        website.

I filled in my details to the web site then as I came to the end
        of the form filling I realised that infact this site was NOT a
        Government website just a website taking 112 pounds to check
        forms.

I was greatly relieved that my payment was declined by my credit
        card provider as I they believed that the site was fraudulent.

Other individuals that have fallen victim to this web scam have
        been directly refunded by their credit card provider so I was
        lucky that my credit card had declined the payment.

The service that the Web site is claiming they provided did not
        happen. They claim to have made an appointment. When I rang the
        passport office to check there was NO appointment made. That would
        be a breach of their contract.
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: *** AVidUser v BritishPassportServices (UK Services & Support)

many thanks for this

Comment

Re: *** AVidUser v BritishPassportServices (UK Services & Support)

Have you heard anything back from the court yet?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: *** AVidUser v BritishPassportServices ( N180 sent in)

Nope but I am back in the UK on Sunday so I will check the mail. If there is anything there I will scan and let you know. Thanks

Comment

Re: *** AVidUser v BritishPassportServices ( N180 sent in)

Bundles by 12th May

Hearing on26 May 2015 10.30am // Weston-super-mare - no longer than 60 mins
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: *** AVidUser v BritishPassportServices ( WS+docs by 12th May - hearing 26th May )

Is this the first hearing Avidusers? Amethyst?

Comment

Re: *** AVidUser v BritishPassportServices ( WS+docs by 12th May - hearing 26th May )

Nope this is actually the furthest away one so far, the first hearing is 28th April, then 6th May, 16th May and 26th May....so far.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for adding 28th April seems to be D Day

Comment

Your witness statement needs to be in by 12 May so we've got plenty of time but [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] did suggest that we amend your defence so let's see what she says.

Comment

Hi EXC

I am not in the UK until the 28th May, my wife is having a our first baby in the UK on the 4th. I believe my court date was slightly earlier than that. I am waiting for my Mother to scan and send the documents to me. Any advice on the witness statement would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Just remind me, is the claim against you or your wife? Are you saying that you can't attend the hearing?

I'll post up the basic draft of the witness statement later this evening and we'll work on filling in the bits that are pertinent to your case.

Comment

No its against me. We live abroad in Qatar, we are coming back for the Summer.

As soon as my mum works out the scanner I should have the documents.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X