• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Arrow global limited / EGG I think - 3-2-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global

Originally posted by rogerfoulser View Post
    Hi guys
    I joined a couple of weeks back, I had a county court letter letter re a debt of 11K, which I was unaware of, I made contact with Legal beagles who gave me good sound advice, I recall posts from nemesis45 on 12/02/15 and others, I followed the advice and sent the statuary letter to Arrow asking to send send me details of the Credit agreement, I sent everything recorded delivery and also sent the court the same information, advising them that I had contacted Global for the agreement information, and I also sent the solicitor acting for Global the same details along with the standard £1 postal order for the details, I sent the postal order direct to the acting solicitors, as it was requested on the County court claim form to send any documents and payments to them, I did inform Global that I had sent the £1 payment to there solicitors, after sending the letters, the court confirmed receipt of my defence, I received a letter on Monday the 23/2/15 from Arrow global asking to confirm my address and confirm my address and details of employment and other confidential information, the letter was dated 19/2/25 I actually received it on 23/2/15 it was not recorded. I have had no response from the acting solicitors.
    As I see it they have failed to send me the information that I have asked for within the 12 day period, I have no intention of sending them confidential details about myself about or about an alleged debt that I am unaware of, I would appreciate a bit of sound advice on this, I have sort of prepared a rough draft which I was going to send to them, their solicitors and the court, I hope you can give me a bit of guidance. Roger the 64 year old new boy
    I've looked at your other thread here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...051#post518051 where you say you submitted a SBd defence.

I can't see any reason why Arrow would write to you asking you for personal information such as employment details :scared: As for your address, they served you a claim to that address and you responded to the claim so that should be enough confirmation that it is where you live. Is there any change you could post up a copy of the letter (remove all personal details) to see what those tw*ts are up to? :typing:

Hi Nibbler thanks for the reply, yes it was the standard Ni court claims letter, I filled in the defence on the response pack claiming that I feel it is Statute Barred debt, on there claim part Arrow quote the default was reassigned on 28/02/2013 and that I was notified this, that is an absolute lie, I never ever had any knowledge of any such transaction, I did an Experian check on 17/3/14 and there was nothing about this reassignment on the report.
    I have now sent them the Template letter along with a £1 postal order asking for the CCA report, I did this all yesterday paying registered first class next day delivery, I also copied in the acting solicitor registered delivery and sent the claims form back the same way. I will keep you all posted, to be honest I am still trying to work out the system to use on this site, when you get to my age its a bit tricky, but I am learning. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Arrow Global

I contacted Legal Beagles at the beginning of February, on the 13th, I followed the instructions that you suggested, I replied to the court stating that I felt the debt was statute barred, this was done within the allowed time to reply and I then sent back the completed section of the claim form that they asked for, I also sent the claimant Arrow Global and their solicitors Wilkin Chapman LLP the standard letter from your template, asking for a copy of my CCA, I sent the £1 postal to the solicitor as it was quoted on the court letter to send all correspondence and payments to them ( I also took a copy of the £1 PO ), and I also informed Arrow global how I had made the payment, I sent all three letters first class recorded letters. after recently moving out of my old address I enclosed my new address on all the letters.
      The court sent me a letter dated 16th February confirming that they had received all my documentation and defence and that the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of my defence, and quoted that after that period had elapsed, the claim would be stayed. the letter said that the only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for a lifting order.
      I then received a letter from Arrow Global dated the 19/2/15 thanking me for my letter and asking for me to verify my new address ( No CCA ) and asking for all sorts of Private and confidential information, I did not get a reply from Wilkin Chapman, for the record the address on the Arrow global letter was different from that on the court claim letter, on the 2/3/15, I again wrote to Arrow and Wilkin Chapman saying that the fact I am replying to the Arrow letter and that the court was writing to me at the same address confirms my address, I also reminded them that I had sent the letter asking for the CCA information on the 13/2/15.
      I also sent copies of all these letters to the court on 2/3/15, they replied and said that they had noted my letter and once again confirmed my defence was received on the 16/2/15 and said the claimant has 33 days to reply with an intention to proceed.
      I received another letter from Arrow dated 6/3/15 asking for me to verify more confidential details again including bank details. I have no intention of sending a bunch of strangers this information and I have not even bothered to write back to them this time, and I have still not received the CCA details nor any correspondence from Wilkin Chapman. My calculations suggest that the 33 days are up on the 1/4/15. Sorry its such long winded email, could you give any further advice.
      Roger

Comment

I contacted Legal Beagles at the beginning of February, on the 13th, I followed the instructions that you suggested, I replied to the court stating that I felt the debt was statute barred, this was done within the allowed time to reply and I then sent back the completed section of the claim form that they asked for, I also sent the claimant Arrow Global and their solicitors Wilkin Chapman LLP the standard letter from your template, asking for a copy of my CCA, I sent the £1 postal to the solicitor as it was quoted on the court letter to send all correspondence and payments to them ( I also took a copy of the £1 PO ), and I also informed Arrow global how I had made the payment, I sent all three letters first class recorded letters. after recently moving out of my old address I enclosed my new address on all the letters.
        The court sent me a letter dated 16th February confirming that they had received all my documentation and defence and that the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of my defence, and quoted that after that period had elapsed, the claim would be stayed. the letter said that the only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for a lifting order.
        I then received a letter from Arrow Global dated the 19/2/15 thanking me for my letter and asking for me to verify my new address ( No CCA ) and asking for all sorts of Private and confidential information, I did not get a reply from Wilkin Chapman, for the record the address on the Arrow global letter was different from that on the court claim letter, on the 2/3/15, I again wrote to Arrow and Wilkin Chapman saying that the fact I am replying to the Arrow letter and that the court was writing to me at the same address confirms my address, I also reminded them that I had sent the letter asking for the CCA information on the 13/2/15.
        I also sent copies of all these letters to the court on 2/3/15, they replied and said that they had noted my letter and once again confirmed my defence was received on the 16/2/15 and said the claimant has 33 days to reply with an intention to proceed.
        I received another letter from Arrow dated 6/3/15 asking for me to verify more confidential details again including bank details. I have no intention of sending a bunch of strangers this information and I have not even bothered to write back to them this time, and I have still not received the CCA details nor any correspondence from Wilkin Chapman. My calculations suggest that the 33 days are up on the 1/4/15. Sorry its such long winded email, could you give any further advice.
        Roger
        Just sit tight and don't chase the CCA.

Comment

Hi welcome back,

I remember your thread and will get this merged with it.
          You are on the right track.
          It is entirely up to AG and its solicitors to prove that the alleged debt is yours and you have liability for it.
          You are not obliged to provide anything more than you already have.
          Calculation is right I think.
          nem

Comment

Thanks Nemesis, will keep you posted.
            Regards
            Roger

Comment

Happy to help!

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis
                You will recall that we have had a few chats about Arrow Global, I have written to them on two occasions asking for a copy of my CCA, they were supposed to send the details by 1/4/15, that date has now passed and I have not heard a thing, I was going to write to the court again, would that be the next move? Or do I do nothing.
                Regards
                Roger

Comment

Hi Nemesis
                  You will recall that we have had a few chats about Arrow Global, I have written to them on two occasions asking for a copy of my CCA, they were supposed to send the details by 1/4/15, that date has now passed and I have not heard a thing, I was going to write to the court again, would that be the next move? Or do I do nothing.
                  Regards
                  Roger
                  Hi Roger,

No CCA within the 12 + 2 Working Days mean the debt is unenforceable until the agreement is produced.

Phone the court and ask what the status of the claim is now.

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis

I sent court an email and I also rang them, the guy explained that the case is stayed and that they will have to pay and apply to lift the stay, he added sometimes they pay and sometimes they do not.

Comment

Ok Roger,
                      What ever the claimant has done or not done, make sure your documents
                      are filed and acknowledged, if the stay continues for another 7-14 days send
                      the claimant a notice that you will apply for the claim to be struck out within
                      the next 7 days.

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis
                        When you say filed and acknowledged, do you mean with the court or with Global? or with both. I did send the court an email on the 8/4/15 explaining that the CCA had not arrived by the 1/4/15 and when I spoke to the court today the 13th April, the the court guy told me it had been stayed. As you explained, the way I see it is, that if I have still not received the CCA report by Wednesday, which is the 15/4/15 and 14 days later, that I send the Claimant a notice that I intend to apply for the notice to be struck off within the next 7 days is that correct? I would also copy send a copy of that same letter direct to the court. Does that all sound correct?

Roger

Comment

Arrow Global

Morning Guys
                          I have made a few posts lately and Nemesis45 has been very helpful, my case has got to the stage where it has been stayed, Nemesis suggested that I should make sure all documents are acknowledged and filed, to be honest I am not sure exactly what this means, I do keep copies of everything that I send, and I inform the court and send them a copy of what I have sent, last time they confirmed that they had received them and then sent all the stuff back. Would that be classed as acknowledged and filed?
                          Nemesis also suggested that if the stay continues for another 7-14 days that I should send the claimant a notice that I will apply for the claim to be struck out within 7 days, today is the 15th day so I contacted the court this morning and was told that I could fill in a form N244, which they would email me to fill in on line, do you have a template list how to fill in this form? Do I still send Arrow who is the claimant a letter to inform them that I will apply for the claim to be struck out within the next 7 days or just fill in the form, sorry, I am a bit unsure, can you advise Further. The N244 cost is £50, so I want to get it right.
                          Roger

Comment

Hello Roger,
                            When the N244 arrives give me nudge and I'll d=go through it with you.
                            Sorry if I was not clear about documents/forms if by chance thing move on
                            e.g. any other forms (other than the N244) come from the court fill them out and
                            return then there can be no time breaches for AG to play on.
                            I certainly believe that the 7 day notice to AG re strike goes Now then we can get
                            the application ready to go when the 7 days has elapsed.

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis
                              I sent the letter yesterday as planned, roll on the 7 days.
                              Roger:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Excellent, please let us know the results!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X