• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Lowell

Hi all

I received a letter from Lowell last week, and it also had a letter from 'bpo collections'. It said that Lowell had passed this alleged debt onto them.

I sent Lowell the following email and have today received a letter through the post but I don't understand it. Any help would be appreciated

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref: XXXXXXXXXX

I write with regards to a letter I have received saying you have transferred this alleged debt to a company called 'bpo collections'.

I am familiar with the DCA guidelines and relevant Laws, and I believe that you are now committing the following CRIMINAL OFFENCES.....

Section 20, Theft Act 1968 (Blackmail) You are making repeated unwarranted threats with menace, despite repeatedly being asked to prove such a debt exists.

Section 2, Fraud Act 2006 (Fraud by False Misrepresentation) You are claiming that I owe money when potentially I do not.

Section 2, Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (Harassment) Repeated demands and threats, without proving such a debt exists, and I will also be pursuing Orange to for putting you up to it.

Data Protection Act 1998 (Potential breaches of Data Protection Act) Illegal processing of my personal data despite me sending a Section 10 notice,

You have left me with no alternative but to pursue these matters in a Criminal Court as you have broken the law, and I will be pursuing this for damages for the stress caused by your illegal actions.

And I will NOT be replying to your standard reply of 'we need your address' Just use the one you have on file.

Yours faithfully

Once I figure out how to post an image I will post the letter.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aguerooooo; 12th February 2015, 17:27:PM. Reason: Adding Photo's
    Tags: None

Re: Letter from Lowell

Did you owe this money at any time is it yours?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Did you owe this money at any time is it yours?
      I don't remember having an Orange account at any time.

I wrote to Orange about this last year saying I have no knowledge of any account but they haven't even bothered to reply, I have just filed a complaint about Orange with CISAS.

Comment

I suspect that most of your allegations a doomed to fail .

The letters from what I can read appear in one case to be normal a response from the CSA and final response letter from Lowell.

With whom did correspond at Lowell?

Dealing with Orange or it's parent on anything like this needs to be done at Director/CEO level, their customer service is useless and has no authority to do any more than spout a company script.

Make a FORMAL COMPLAINT to the CEO at Orange this requires full investigation and a response within 56 days, in my experience
        it's much quicker.

Lowell correspondence in this situation should be addressed to the Lowell Group Legal Counsel, Ms Sara de Tute marked private and confidential.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X