• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Frederickson International / Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederickson International / Capital One

I have a CAP 1 debt of £350 this has been passed to Frederickson International the DCA. The debt was from start of last year 2014. I have sent a variety of letters to Frederickson International explaining that I am out of work and lost my job. Looks like they don't care and want repayments far higher than I can afford. Have sent them recorded.

Frederickson wont accept my offer of repayment to them given my low income. However I have informed that I will continue to pay it and it is all that I have got and they will get it each month. I have sent them an income and expenditure form showing my income etc. Each month I am making this token payment to them.

I am totally worried about the matter and if it ends up going to court. I do intend to defend the claim so that the court sets any repayment plan set on my income and given the face one of my other creditors have accepted the same repayment amount for a debt that is near £1000. Also I want the matter resolved by the court and not Frederickson International dictating payments.

If this went further and they proceed with a CCJ what can I do. Is this an actual defence? That I have a payment plan for a debt much higher (three times higher) who have agreed my repayments.

Should I defend the claim if one comes in so the court sees I am paying what I can afford or just fill in the section accepting it and offer a payment which I feel they still will reject

I am worried sick over it. Also the Credit Card was only £200 and its nearly doubled in debt.
    Tags: None

Re: Frederickson International / Capital One

Hi welcome,

You say the debt " is from last year" is this when the account was defaulted?

To start:

Send a CCA request to Fredrikson to see if they have an agreement and to get a current statement of the account. There is a £1 statutory fee ( use a postal order endorsed "for statutory fee only"
    and keep a copy of it

Freds have 12 + 2 Working Days to comply.

This is a very long way from any court action so don't stress on that point!!

Some history of the Cap 1 debt.

When was the account opened?
    When was it defaulted?
    When did you last make a payment?

I guess that all your letters have admitted liability for the debt.

Your offer of payment is not a defence but will stand as evidence that you are attempting to meet your obligations.

Have you made an Income & Expenditure statement yet? If not it would be well worth doing so.
    From this you will be able to see just how much you can reasonably afford to pay without causing yourself hardship.

Even if this ends up as a £1 token payment is all you can pay a judge is more than likely to allow this, on condition that your ability to pay is reviewed at regular intervals.

All that said Freds have to take your circumstances into consideration and their "attitude" will go against them.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X