• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My father has died and my family did not tell me he was in hospital.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My father has died and my family did not tell me he was in hospital.

My father died on Wednesday, I live 300 miles away from him and my brother and sister did not tell me he was admitted into hospital two weeks ago and subsequently died of Pneumonia. I know my siblings were looking after his finances and my father was very kind to them buying holidays and giving them money. They did however look after his needs etc and I was not able to living so far away. I now have suspicions that they wanted me out the picture to take his money.
    I am not interested in any share of my fathers assets as we didn't see eye to eye most of the time. What I want to know is if I have any legal redress to my sibling for not informing me he was in hospital and in the last week quite obviously dying. I wanted to say goodbye to him. Can anyone one help with some advice?
    Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: My father has died and my family did not tell me he was in hospital.

Hi welcome to LB, Sorry for your loss!
    I can't see that there is any viable " legal redress" for not being told of the situation a family problem like this should not need any legal process.

If you feel that you may be going to suffer some financial loss because of your siblings are acting improperly in regard to your fathers estate then I would suggest firstly contacting them and attempt to discuss what has happened calmly and with out rancour.

nem

Comment

Re: My father has died and my family did not tell me he was in hospital.

I am sad to hear of your loss . Will you be attending the funeral? Take some time to grieve, and remember . Tears and time are for washing away grief.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X