• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capital One - Claiming back late/overlimit fees on a defaulted account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One - Claiming back late/overlimit fees on a defaulted account

I am helping my wife with respects to a defaulted balance of £5700 on a C1 account (first opened July 08) which was sold to Lowells in 2013. Recently BC Solicitors were threatening legal action and I ensured that the fact Lowells failed to provide a valid CCA was noted as part of a preaction disclosure request which has meant the matter has been reffered back to Lowells. More info on this is in a thread on the VIP forum.

I have looked through the historic C1 statements and can see O/L and late payment fees totalling around £600. My question is can these be reclaimed from C1? If they can I will continue to use this thread to update in relation to claiming them back.
    Tags: None

Re: Capital One - Claiming back late/overlimit fees on a defaulted account

Hi any help appreciated please....

Comment

Credit Card charges are 'easy' enough to reclaim those that were over £12 - but £12 and under charges are much more difficult.

If the claim against you has now been dropped (sorry I don't recall off top of my head where you case is currently) then I would steer clear of poking it back into life.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Cheers Amethyst. Not heard anything back from Bryan Carter or Lowells (yet) thnks to help from people on this site and I agree I wont be poking that rat's nest...
        Was wondering if I was free to claim back from Capital One though given they defaulted and charged off the account in question....?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X