• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

deducctions from wage as new starter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deducctions from wage as new starter

Hey

I hope someone can help as I'm fuming.

I started a new job and had induction on 02/12/14.
    In induction was told I'd start on 08/12/14 but wont get paid on 23/12 but I did and I got about £800.

now this month I got £280 deduction and left me more or less pennyless after rent etc. And payroll said it cos on there system my start date was 02/12 but didn't work until 08/12 but they paid from 02/12 so they deducted it.

No k e at no point has said this and I haven't signed anything to say I understand etc. And they said in contract they state at anytime they can deduct any money so they did.

So already my employer is playing games, what can I do?

If they play games so will I but want advice also:

They said my contract states that they can deduct, so my point then is my contract also states I get 30hrs a week and if my start date was 02/12 I shouldn't have those deductions as they couldn't give me the 30hrs in that week but as I'm contracted to 30hrs they have to pay it?

Thanks for help in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: deducctions from wage as new starter

Originally posted by scott2310 View Post
    Hey

I hope someone can help as I'm fuming.

I started a new job and had induction on 02/12/14.
    In induction was told I'd start on 08/12/14 but wont get paid on 23/12 but I did and I got about £800.
    did you not ask HR why you was paid for 4 weeks and not 3

now this month I got £280 deduction and left me more or less pennyless after rent etc. And payroll said it cos on there system my start date was 02/12 but didn't work until 08/12 but they paid from 02/12 so they deducted it.
    that's because they paid you to much last month

No k e at no point has said this and I haven't signed anything to say I understand etc. And they said in contract they state at anytime they can deduct any money so they did.

So already my employer is playing games, what can I do?

If they play games so will I but want advice also:

They said my contract states that they can deduct, so my point then is my contract also states I get 30hrs a week and if my start date was 02/12 I shouldn't have those deductions as they couldn't give me the 30hrs in that week but as I'm contracted to 30hrs they have to pay it?
    most of the time when you start a new job you have to work a week in hand.

Thanks for help in advance.
    :typing::typing::typing:
    Last edited by vanman; 2nd February 2015, 00:16:AM.
    Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Your pennys worth has lost value, pffftttt! But to answer your questions as they are stupid....

A. My payslip said DEC then value, no hours etc si one would assume that it was fir the 3 weeks
      B. Yes your correct by stating i was paid too much, thanks for sorting that one ... The whike point is that they paid me the week i didnt work then deducted it all this was done without my knowledge or consent, but mu contract states it will oay my 30 even if i dint work 30 hrs as its gauranteed hours so if they do insist my start date was the week I didn't work then its not my fault I didn't do the hours thus no deductions.
      C. Maybe employers do work a week in hand and that would contradict the other point you made as if a week in hand they would know not to pay the first week not pay it then deduct it without any knowledge.

But I'm going to ACAs in the morning

Comment

Have you asked the Company exactly why this situation arrived as you have been there a short time if you get ACAS or anyone else involved you may not get more than the next wage packet.

Have you in writing that you are guaranteed 30 hours pay worked or not?

No need to call anyone stupid or their questions will not get you much help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X