• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EBAY SCAM - HACK & HIJACK OF MY AUTOS (Keighley, Yorks) - 173 VEHICLES - 31-Jan-15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBAY SCAM - HACK & HIJACK OF MY AUTOS (Keighley, Yorks) - 173 VEHICLES - 31-Jan-15

PLEASE BE #SCAMAWARE - READ THIS -->

If you have found this post it is likely you have been looking at an advert to purchase an item like this. Please check the link for the listing number as although this SPECIFIC LISTING has been reported as a potential scam others may be genuine.

If you have found this post and it has helped prevent you becoming a victim of a scam or has even made you investigate further when researching potential purchases online - please register on the site and let us know.

If in any doubt please READ THIS THREAD and post in the main Scams / Fraud forum.

LINK

(remaining 169 to be added soon)

Hacked eBay Motors Car Dealer Account :-

ukmyau-5i0dhn(4 )

Telephone numbers changed to prevent any verbal contact with this dealer
    (last digit in both cases)

Dealer Website

Hijacked eBay Account

Posted on eBay by cyber-criminals on 30-JAN-15 at 23:00 (varies)

Reported to eBay by Buster Jack on 31-JAN-15 at 06:45

Total eBay/CC Vehicle Scams after 31 days of January 2015 : 1500

Total to date since April 2013 : 16,713

VALUE OF BUSTED SCAMS SINCE APRIL 2013 : c. £83.5 million / US$126 million

Daily average over 650 days: £125,000 / US$188,000

(as of 27-JAN-15)

Tags: None

Re: EBAY SCAM - HACK & HIJACK OF MY AUTOS (Keighley, Yorks) - 173 VEHICLES - 31-Jan-1

I enquired about a nice Golf. Here is the response I got:

Thank you for your interest to buy from us,

The car is in excellent condition. The engine and gear box in very good condition.

The price is £6000 including delivery to your address. Price reduced for quick sale, and we have decided to sell it for a lower price because moved our business to Thurso. The payment will be made through eBay and only after you will receive the car, we receive the payment. It will take around 2-3 working days until you will receive the car and you will have a 3 days inspection period (so you have 3 days to change your mind and refuse or keep it). Also, we need to know if you have cash in hand because we have many buyers interested in the purchase and don't have time to waste. No offense but if you really want to buy it I will stop communicating with the other interested buyers.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so we can initiate the deal through eBay. You must know that eBay will contact you without any obligation to buy it or fees. We will wait your answer (if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Best Regards

Comment

Re: EBAY SCAM - HACK & HIJACK OF MY AUTOS (Keighley, Yorks) - 173 VEHICLES - 31-Jan-1

Did you ever get bank account details from them, if so please pass on to me julian.siddle@legalbeagles.info so I can get their account closed.

Glad you found this post and was lucky enough not to be scammed by these crooks.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
        Did you ever get bank account details from them, if so please pass on to me julian.siddle@legalbeagles.info so I can get their account closed.

Glad you found this post and was lucky enough not to be scammed by these crooks.
        No, Fortunately I had already sussed it was a scam even before I saw this post. No doubt they would have contacted me on the phone saying that they were eBay and asking for my Bank details had I have given them any info.
        I cant imagine that anyone would be so stupid as to pay for a car before even seeing it but I guess people do.
        Thanks to this forum for spotting this so quickly.

Comment

Unfortunately these criminals are very resourceful and provide unwitting victims fake invoices, chat helplines etc. Even the most savvy consumer can be caught out by this, you do not have to be "stupid".

The biggest piece of advice we offer is never to send money for such a high value item without first going to view the vehicle, more details of what to look out for can be found in our guide here at www.scamaccounts.co.uk
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X