• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell & Default Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell & Default Removal

Lowell purchased an alleged debt I had with Orange Personal Communications, I say alleged because I had disputed the outstanding balance with Orange but they ended up selling the account to Lowell without resolving my dispute. Lowell also started to report the history of the debt with the credit reference agencies.

I have wrote to Lowell on 3 occasions asking them to supply documentation to prove my liability to the alleged debt. I have also sent Lowell a Section 10 notice.

I finally received a response from Lowell...

Dear Snapples

We note your comments from your previous correspondence and have investigated the matter. We consider that there is sufficient evidence to confirm your liability to this debt and the balance outstanding is due and owing.

However, with a view to resolve this matter quickly and simply, we have decided to take no further action to recover this balance and will close your account.

We are not prepared to remove any default registered with the credit reference agencies in respect of this account as we consider that this data remains accurate.

What can I do regarding them not being prepared to remove the default?
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell & Default Removal

The default happened and is an accurate reflection of the conduct of the account as is required as they state.
    Just be cause there is no agreement or in this case a service contract available the account can still be reported to the CRA's.
    The default will be removed on its 6 th anniversary paid or not.
    You could try a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office of course.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      The default happened and is an accurate reflection of the conduct of the account as is required as they state.
      Just be cause there is no agreement or in this case a service contract available the account can still be reported to the CRA's.
      The default will be removed on its 6 th anniversary paid or not.
      You could try a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office of course.

nem
      If Lowell have closed the account and as in their letter is states you owe £00.00 then even if they refuse to remove the default then they should accurately reflect the zero balance on my credit file.

Lowell states that they have sufficient evidence to prove my liability, if this was the case then they would not have closed the account and write the alleged debt off.

Comment

They may feel its not worth them chasing you for payment does not stop them passing the debt on highly unlikely they will remove default on their own you would need to get the relevant authorities to order them to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapples View Post
          If Lowell have closed the account and as in their letter is**** states you owe £00.00 *****then even if they refuse to remove the default then they should accurately reflect the zero balance on my credit file.

Lowell states that they have sufficient evidence to prove my liability, if this was the case then they would not have closed the account and write the alleged debt off.
          ******Lowell have not mentioned a zero balance******** It's my guess that this may re-enter under another debt purchasers name at some point.

Comment

Disputed balance must mean there is a debt so the Default is correct as stated by Lowells expect another DCA to get on the case

Comment

The number of " Lowell Accounts" being closed or claims being withdrawn appears to be increasing so I to would expect a portfolio of duff debts to turn up at some point, bearing mind that what we see here is the tip of a very large iceberg.

nem

Comment

It seems we are in the same boat, I too have had email ping pong with these wasters about a sum I never knew existed. I changed from T Mobile to Orange (Both EE), went through all the normal paperwork with them etc but they seem to have found this massive sum.

"In order for this account to show as ‘satisfied’ on your credit report, you would need to have paid the £19.43 outstanding.
                As you have not paid this, it will not report as ‘satisfied’.

Any default will show on your credit file for six years, even if you have paid it off.

The account defaulted on 10/04/2012, therefore it will show as default until 10/04/2018, paid or not."

Any advice on how I can proceed is appreciated.

Comment

As this is such a small sum it would be a good idea to write to the CEO of EE and seek removal of the default entry for this paltry amount
                  is damaging your credit profile and as a gesture of good this now being paid will they please remove the default enry.

Lowell renowned for its hopeless " customer (dis) services as is EE and its component companies will stick to the " company script"
                  so all problems such as yours should be addressed to a person who actually has the power to do something.

nem

Comment

Thank you for the advice, I have just sent it to olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk and I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

He read the thing but has not replied, lowell are still dragging their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick h View Post
                        He read the thing but has not replied, lowell are still dragging their feet.
                        This will need some investigating and communication between the parties involved, a little patience is needed.

nem

Comment

There was a default opened on the 2nd of June 2006. I knew nothing of this. This was updated by Lowell utility on the 10th of July 2019. Is this right? I am not aware of the default.

Comment

you are posting on a very old 2015 thread start one of your own then chances of being missed is less

you had a default issued in 2006? but lowells are posting to CRA now?? answer on new thread with full information?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X