• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Shortfall,*** Help Needed***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Shortfall,*** Help Needed***

I had my property in England repossessed aprox 8 years ago, I then moved to Scotland to make a new start, yesterday I received a letter from the building society saying there was a shortfall after the sale and that I need to contact them to discuss repayment plans and enclosed a form to fill in regarding my financial commitments , this is the only contact that has been made since the day I left the property 8 years ago, am I right in thinking that as they are a member of the CML that they can only enforce this debt within 6 years. Many Thanks for any advice as I am very worried about this
    Tags: None

Re: Mortgage Shortfall,*** Help Needed***

It will depend on if the mortgage provider is a CML member.
    There is no law or regulation in the CML statement it is just an
    agreement made by the members.

However I'm unsure what the Scottish Limitation is on Mortgages/short falls.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      It will depend on if the mortgage provider is a CML member.
      There is no law or regulation in the CML statement it is just an
      agreement made by the members.

nem
      Thanks for the prompt reply, yes the mortgage provider is a member of the CML

Comment

Remind the BS of the CML agreement, although this applies I think to enforcement they may still be able to "ask " for payment.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

nem
          Should help I hope.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/S/f...s/Default.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
            that's a very helpful link Thank You

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X