• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn plc are unlawfully demanding money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn plc are unlawfully demanding money

Hi, I need help to know what to do to my issue please, really appreciated.
    my story is we received council tax and this was not paid until we received in October a court fine of 125 pounds on top of the 50 council tax. On 1 December we received a bill to pay this 175 pounds which we did. All good. however, in January, out of no where, we receive a letter from Newlyn to pay 75 pounds. So I called the council who said between october and december they contacted newlyn. so i contacted newlyn and told them the letter in january is the first letter we receive from you and its a fine not a first warning, and told them we paid the council in december. I explained you cant just hit with a fine without a warning first. the guy wanted to be clever and said yes we can, you don't know the law, he was also very intimidating like what TV do you have...I called again and a woman picked up, she said email her the letter we received from council in dec and she will speak to council, and I should call back in 7 days. I emailed the letter and called back 2 days later, she said call back on Friday ( like 3 days later). on Friday I called them and to my surprise instead of sorting the 75 pound fine she said you have to pay now 305 pounds because some one visited the property yesterday and an additional 230 was placed on me. Can some one please advise me how to deal with these bunch of modern money stealing thieves. Thankyou.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X