• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Apex Credit Management / NatWest bank (RBS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apex Credit Management / NatWest bank (RBS)

Hi guys hope everyone's well i just need to ask a couple of questions to some of the wise minds on here if I may. I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place, i didn't know which section it came under so feel free to move.

I'll try keep it brief. Background info: around 5 months ago i had an overdraft of £200 on a current account with NatWest and was -£190 into it. I noticed two strange transactions on the account I didn't authorise so I did the right thing contacted NatWest and reported as fraud, they tell me nothing they can do and its my responsibility to trace it and fix it. This sent me over my overdraft limit and charges got added at a crazy ammount. At this time I lost my job and just couldnt deal with the stress of it all. My job paid a final sum of £350 into NatWest. Surely that would clear the overdraft? Nope

Moving on to now, letters from apex credit management start showing up and I feel that I'm in a better place to start tackling it. Basically spoke with apex asked them what they doing etc. Apparently they haven't purchased the debt they're just "acting on behalf" of NatWest so the gentlemen tells me they don't require a notice of assignment for this reason. I said i will deal with the bank directly as its between me and them and i dont require their advice given the fact they havnt took ownership of the account. Gentlemen tells me thats not possible, if you try to deal with natwest theyll just send you back to us. So I ask if i decide to make any payments to natwest for leftover balance after i had the charges refunded etc. They wouldnt accept any money gentlemen sais. I asked if I could have a copy of the original credit agreement and he tells me they don't have it. He said they will send me the terms and conditions leaflet and that is classed as proof "nowadays". They have no proof I have agreed to the terms and conditions or signed an agreement even digitally to begin with.

So where does this leave me. Is this correct or they just telling me porkies?

Thanks guys
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X