• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Massive Npower Bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Npower Bill

Dear Everyone,

So I need some help or someone to at least confirm for me my legal rights or if I can take this to court against nopower.

The picture below is a breakdown as best I could of my bill with npower.

To highlight key points here

@16/05/2014 I am 219.26 Credit (This is somewhat misleading as I had problems with npower way before this.)
    16/05/2014 2742.62 charge
    24/06/2014 2742.62 reversal (or refund)
    24/06/2014 2270.46 charge
    02/07/2014 2270.46 Reversal

This leaves me with 396.26 credit which stayed that way until 15.09.14 three days later I left my flat on the 18th. Then npower issued me the final statement of 2423.41 pounds which then then later fixed as they were charging me when I wasn't at the flat. 2387.62. If they did in fact fix it its impossible to tell really.

I have complained for years now and I do mean years this issue started ages ago. At this point I thought I had somehow resolved it but no it hadn't. The next key point here is I was in credit with a meter reading provided to them at 20/6/2014 which is far far before 15/09/2014 .

So my question is can they legally charge me this amount the way they have with little explanation, when I gave an up to date meter reading on the 20/6/2014. And as my online account shows I was 369.26 in credit.

I have complained to npower so many times I feel I have spent 2387.62 pounds in phone bills they drop my calls, they don't update my notes, they wont record a complaint so I can't request a deadlock letter I have been requesting one for a while now and they just don't respond. I have only gotten serious contact with them once I used Facebook and Twitter. Its just a joke it can't be legal for a business to operate like this. I have a life that is being seriously impeded by this I should be able to just refuse to pay based on these grounds heck I should get the money they OWE me.

Anyway hope you guys can help me.

Best Regards,
    Christopher
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Massive Npower Bill

Hi and welcome

Assuming your figures are correct send a letter (signed for) on the following lines:

Ref: (nature of your complaint/reference number
    I am writing with regard to the above complaint. I wrote/phoned you on (date) and (date) asking you to do (describe the action you asked them to take) to resolve this complaint.
    However, your response has not been satisfactory.
    I feel that we have reached a deadlock situation and, therefore, I am left with no alternative but to take my complaint to the ombudsman.
    Please issue me with a letter of deadlock so that I may refer this matter to him..
    If I do not hear from you within 14 days I shall assume that you are in agreement that this case has reached deadlock and I shall refer my complaint about you to the ombudsman without further reference to you.

Yours faithfully,

If they don't respond you can use their non reply as agreement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X