• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloydstsb credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloydstsb credit card

Need some advice please on a Lloydstsb credit card on which my wife had fell behind with payments. We are/were currently in a debt management plan but the guy running it has retired and we are trying to manage this ourselves now.

Cabot are taking the payments for this and have been for a few years now.This is the first I knew of the debt being sold on or assigned. The letter from PRA(T!) Group says it was 'Assigned ' to them from Aktiv Capital. Surely it is the owner of the debt who should issue this not the Assignees. I had sent a s78 to Lloyds Monday and I will send the same to these tomorrow. I know it is just a company name change but I would like an opinion on this please. The card was originally taken out 10-09-1999. Thanks Mc
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: lloydstsb credit card

AK has Changed it's name to PRA (Portfolio Recovery Associates).
    Notice of assignment can be made by one or both of the parties.
    Have you been paying Wescott?

Comment

The debt management company had been making payments on my behalf-to Cabot-not Wescott or are the one and the same?

Comment

Had a reply from Cabot on a S78 and here it is. Should we totally ignore the debt as they cannot take court action? Mc
        Attached Files

Comment

Emm,
          An improved template, not quoting their usual 40 days to comply nonsense.
          I am puzzled now as to which company owns this debt.

Is it Cabot or PRA?

It would appear to be PRA, with Wescott CS acting as collector/ manger of the account.

Have you contacted your DMC regarding the payments being made to Cabot, you need to know where these payments are being allocated.

The CCA request should have gone to PRA/Wescot.
          Still it will be interesting to see what Cabot comes
          up with even though it has no further interest in the debt.
          nem

Comment

Since the previous guy retired I have not engaged another DMC as yet-I am trying flush out what the various card people are holding at the moment. The debt is belonging to PRA. I will wait until I hear further from either them or Cabot-Hopefully they have lost the original agreement.

Comment

If PRA is now the beneficial owner of the debt Cabot has no further interest whatsoever and have no reason or obligation to supply any data.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X