• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Guarantee called in Five and a half years later.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Guarantee called in Five and a half years later.

Hello everyone,

Here is my story. Back in 2009 i started a company, however a few months later i had a nervous breakdown and was admitted to hospital where i actually remained for nearly 6 months. I had previously suffered quite badly with depression and still do to this day However when i set up the company i did so with a £25,000.00 personal loan. This was called in a year later. I was no longer working and made an offer of £40.00 per month as a token gesture. This was accepted. I tried to pay this every month with some interuptions. However in december 2014 i received a letter from Baker Tilly on behalf of NatWest instructing me to contact them regarding the outstanding sum of now £26,415.00. I was devastated that this has been called in again.

My question is after six years what sort of a position am i in with regards to negotiation, also do the laws of prescription come into play as it has been over five years is the guarantee not enforceable? I now work part time with a very small income compared to my 2009 income.

This is literally the first correspondence from the bank in over three years.

I would greatly appreciate any advice as to what i should do as a next step forward.

Thanks everyone!!
    Tags: None

Re: Personal Guarantee called in Five and a half years later.

Hi Welcome,

When was the loan account defaulted?
    No CC action taken at any time?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X