• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET PARKING SERVICES: (128) McDonald's, Ring Road North Gatwick. I need help please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET PARKING SERVICES: (128) McDonald's, Ring Road North Gatwick. I need help please.

My son-in-law used my motability car to pick me up from Gatwick airport on 4/9/2014. He is a permitted driver for this. He stopped at McDonalds had breakfast and waited until it was time to pick me up. Unfortunately there was a mix up on return times and he arrived a day too early.

He did not see any signs with time limits etc and had to get back to his home as he would have to pick me up on the next morning when I would arrive back to the UK from Canada.

He again parked at McDonalds to have his breakfast and await my flight arrival.

The outcome is that I have been charged for both these occasions on the 4th and 5th of September 2014.

I have received several reminders and final reminders in my name as I am the keeper of the motability car. After finding your site, I decided to use your template letter which stated "I am NOT going to pay you any money, until you can fulfill the following conditions ..." I followed the instructions and sent the letter by recorded (signature) and posted this to MET Parking Services on the 8th January 2015.

Today I have received a reply letter from Met PS (which is not dated) to notify me that Debt Recovery Plus is dealing with my case. Two separate letters from the Debt Recovery Plus and that each separate charge will be reduced to £120.00 each providing the amount is paid within the next seven days. The original charges were totalled as £255.00 for each separate charge.
    They have stated in the letter that in order to avoid this action, our client is prepared to accept the reduced payment if this happens.
    I am a non-driver so I rely on my son-in-law to take me to the doctors and many hospital visits in my car. I was not even in the car at the times and dates stated!!

What do I do next? I am a disabled lady of 62 years and I am scared to death by these letters. PLEASE HELP if possible.

Sincerely

redsonya
    Tags: None

Re: MET PARKING SERVICES: (128) McDonald's, Ring Road North Gatwick. I need help plea

After finding your site, I decided to use your template letter which stated "I am NOT going to pay you any money, until you can fulfill the following conditions ..." I followed the instructions and sent the letter by recorded (signature) and posted this to MET Parking Services on the 8th January 2015.
    Can you advise where you saw this please ? I'll have it removed. It is bad adice, unfortunately. It was good pre keeper liabilty but not now.

The best thing to do is extinguish keeper liability. To do this simply advise them of the drivers name and address. The driver may get tickets in their own name but they can be dealt by appealing and going to popla if required.

http://www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/de...peals-form.php

info@metparking.com

Contact both to be safe. Keep copies.

M1

Comment

Re: MET PARKING SERVICES: (128) McDonald's, Ring Road North Gatwick. I need help plea

Thank you for the advice.
      I have now received and answer from the recorded delivery letter I sent to MET PS. The letter itself had not been dated at all but were quick to fob me off by stating " This case is currently with our debt collection agents Debt Recovery Plus, they can be contacted by etc. "

At the same time I received to separate letters "Notice of Proposed Litigation" from Debt Recovery Plus.

They are saying in order to avoid this action, "Our client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of £120.00 (for each fine), providing this amount is paid within the next 7 days".

These are the charges of the current balance:

Current Balance £150.00
      Solicitors fees for issue of claim £50.00
      Court Fee for issue of claim form £30..00
      Solicitors cost for obtaining judgment £25.00

Total Cost £255.00

Why are they offering a lower cost all of a sudden? These two letters are not dated either, only the date of the notice issue dates for 4th and 5th of September 2014.

Where do I stand now, should I pay the agreed reduced amount of £120.00 for each notice of issue?

Thanks again for your advice, I really do not know what to do and time is passing by, regarding the 7 Day claim.

Redsonya

Comment

So you advised them of the drivers name and address and they wrote back to you saying tough ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          So you advised them of the drivers name and address and they wrote back to you saying tough ?

M1

No I haven't. But it's strange that the DCP has obviously been in contact with MET regarding my last letter to them and by saying they are prepared to accept a reduced payment resulting from talking and agreeing with MET the proposed £120.00 per incident (x2).

Thanks for the support by the way.

Comment

They are upping the pressure to see if you'll pay. The discount on a phoney increase is just a tempter to make some think it's best just to pay whilst it is "cheap".

M1

Comment

So what do I do now? I can't afford any of these payments and now I'm worrying so much it is getting detrimental to my health. I am already poorly and what happens if they send bailiffs to my door?

Thanks again

Comment

They cannot send bailiffs without a court order.

Tell them the name and address as i said earlier.

M1

Comment

Okay, I will do so tomorrow. Thank you for your advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X