• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

train2game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: train2game

Hi did you write a letter to train2game regarding sections 5-7 of the consumer protections for unfair tradings regulations 2008.

Comment

yes I have written to T2G and finance company, no response yet, will let you know:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

[post removed]
        Last edited by babyrobot; 25th March 2015, 13:09:PM.

Comment

Hi I have made complaint through FOS re Caledonian Consumer finance and T2G, am waiting for response, my son was advised to bring payments up to date which he has done, feel we are not getting anywhere, any other advise would be appricated:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Hello People

I'm an unfortunate victim of these vultures aswell. Signing up as a daft 18 year old to an online course for them now to completely change the course and ask me to do all sorts of things beyond my capability drawing and level sketches (I was on a games design course) they have responded to me in a very childish way namely referring me to the consumer credit act 1998 (they fail to notice it was updated in 2005) saying they have adherred to guidelines, also that they will not be threatened when all I asked was for the remainer of the course that i had left to be refunded (1/3) Im going to search for my original booklet tonight to see what logos they had on them.

In addition to this for the first 5 months i was actually paying for 2 courses as they "made a mistake" and put my bank details onto someone else's application to which i didnt get any fruitful apology beyond "well these things happen"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Hi StevieBoy
              have you read the letters from T2G and finance company to my son, have you made any formal complaint through FOS, they are at present dealing with my sons would maybe an idea for you also to make a complaint is easy to do on line.

Comment

Hello feedeegra

I have read them indeed, the way they speak to people is horrendous (and the grammar is questionable aswell) Financial Ombudsman the recommended route then as I only get replies from them saying threats will be taken seriously although no threats are made?

Dont understand how these people are able to call themselves a business

Thankyou

Comment

Hi StevieBoy
                  Did you do the course through finance company if so which one?

Comment

Hello

It was Career Finance 4 Trade Skills.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by feedeegra View Post
                      Hi, My son is in a similar position, we have just decided to stop payments and make a complaint about the company, asking for full refund!!! and go to office of fair trading, also tiga the endorsing body works from the same area 3 mins apart. I am trying to get as much evidence as I can to show office of fair trading.

i am in similar situation, i am not sure how to start and proceed can you help me where to start and what to do

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by feedeegra View Post
                      Hi StevieBoy
                      have you read the letters from T2G and finance company to my son, have you made any formal complaint through FOS, they are at present dealing with my sons would maybe an idea for you also to make a complaint is easy to do on line.
                      hI FEEDEEGRA,

I NEED SOME HELP WITH TRAIN2GAME, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WHERE AND HOW START MY FIGHT AGAINST THEM?

Comment

Originally posted by L.Bizzy View Post
                        Hi Rachael

I had dealings with these on behalf of a friend. Try googling "train2game" and you will see many bad reports about them. They used to be called something else, but got closed down for unfair trading and dishonesty (they were claiming to be accredited to all sorts of respectable bodies such as City of Guilds etc & using their logos)

The finance company is a sister company to Train2Game, with the same directors. They both operate out of the same offices in Luton, if O recall.

They will not cancel the course.

I got my friends son to cancel the direct debit and argued that he had never received a loan and had not signed anything that authorised the loan company to pass the money directly to Train2Game. If I recall, Train2Game were saying that it was the loan company who The son had to deal with. We used to get the most hilarious letters that looked like they had been written by a 12 year old talking about irrelevant rubbish such as "we are not prepared to listen to threats or abuse" and numerous references to the internet. Eventually, we started receiving correspondene with the Header "Supreme Court" and the Supreme Courts logo was on the top. It was a childish bluff to try to scare the debtor into backing down.

I believe that no money passes hands between the 2 companies when the loan is taken out and that when instalments are paid, only then is money divided between the 2 companies.

I kept asking for evidence that money had actually passed from 1 company to the other. Every time they mentioned court, I wrote back advising that I would be counterclaiming for all monies already paid. (I think they were even charging him extra for late payments)

Eventually, they gave up, which was a bit disappointing as I really did enjoy reading their letters.

Stop the direct debit and start a complaint. Put them on the back foot by demanding all money be refunded. (this is the finance company) Ignore Train2Game at this point as it will be the finance company who come after you for the money. They won't give in easily but you are in the right and perseverance will pay off.
                        hI,

I HAVE JUST CANCELLED MY PAYMENTS, WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP. IF YOU HAVE COPY OF THE LETTER THAT YOU SENT TO T2G, CAN YOU FORWARD ME DRAFT COPY SO THAT I CAN USE IT.

Comment

If you were misled by the company they could be in breach of the Misrepresentation Act 1967 and possibly The Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008.

I don't know what was said, or agreed in any one case,but I have the impression that they do not fulfil their side of the contract.
                          If that is correct, you could write to them rescinding the contract. This means you declare the contract as never having been made due to their misrepresentation.
                          At the same time you demand repayment of all monies paid by you to them, and tell them they are now responsible for all costs of the loan.
                          Essentially things go back to the position before the contract was signed.

If they then initiate court action you have your defence.
                          If they don't start court action, and don't repay you, you sue them.

Comment

Hi Paven you dont say what your issue is, do you feel you were mis sold the course, which course did you start, what was the problem, we have written about 5 letters of complaint so far, getting nowhere with T2G or finance company, have now made complaint of misselling to FOS which is likely to take a long time and so we are just waiting at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by pavan View Post
                              hI,

I HAVE JUST CANCELLED MY PAYMENTS, WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP. IF YOU HAVE COPY OF THE LETTER THAT YOU SENT TO T2G, CAN YOU FORWARD ME DRAFT COPY SO THAT I CAN USE IT.
                              HI Pavin
                              I don't know if I can be much help, you don't say what your issue is with T2G

Comment

It seems we're about all in the same nightmare here.

Can I please advise you all, at the least, to contact Citizens Advice Consumer Services to report your experiences so that the information can be passed on to Trading Standards. At some point this operation needs to be properly investigated and it will only happen if there are enough cases to support it.

Hold fast. Do not be threatened. Do not give up.

"To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed..."

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X