• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Debt Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Debt Recovery

Hi
    I received a parking charge notice on 29.10.14 from Parking Eye for parking for 30 minutes without a ticket at Crown Wharf in Walsall on 23.10.14. The charge was for £85 reduced to £50 if I paid within 14 days. The photo is of a car just like mine with the same registration number as mine.
    I do use that car park and always get a ticket but I can't always remember when I was there or what time. However, the day in question was the day after my 50th birthday so I remember it clearly. I had a very late lie in and didn't even get dressed until around 1pm (the parking time said 11.56am -12.26pm) I had stayed the night at my daughter's flat and my car was parked outside that address. I am the only person who drives my car.
    After reading different advice I ignored the letter and subsequent ones as I knew they had obviously made a mistake. I've now received a letter from a DRP debt recovery for £135!
    I called them and explained the situation but they have said that their cameras are the same as the ones used by the police and the times and dates are correct. They said that they can only provide clearer photos in colour if I write to them to request this and enclose a £10 fee. They also said that my only option is to contact the police and the DVLA to report my registration as being cloned and get a crime number. They can't do anything without a crime number.
    I'm confused. What if the photos do show me as the driver (as I said I do park there regularly). How do I prove that it wasn't me on the day and time they say it was? I know where I was but can't prove this as everyone else was out of the flat at the time.
    Advice anyone?
    Thanks

Re: Parking Eye Debt Recovery

Unless they take you to court, i wouldn't waste much time on it.

Phone logs, net logs etc may be the only way to prove it.

They have to prove their case on the balance of probability. They also have to get around that it's a penalty. Hopefully Beavis will sort this on everyones behalf next month (or more accurately in 2 months when judgemnt is handed down after being reserved next month)

M1

Comment

Brilliant M1 thank you!

It's just such an absurd scenario that would be costing me money to sort out even though it has nothing to do with me. Your advice is most welcome!

I'm new to this site so excuse my ignorance, but who is Beavis? I would like to keep track of the progress on this subject as I have had so many people tell me that either they, or someone they know, have been victims of this outdated, unregulated and downright farcical practise. It's little more than highway robbery and they hung Dick Turpin for that!

Thanks again

Comment

Wow!
        I've only just flicked through the first link but I will definitely go through them all. This is VERY interesting reading M1 thank you. Hopefully this action will bring to an end this scam to exploit drivers!
        I will update my thread as and when I receive any further correspondence from Parking Eye or DPR.
        Thanks once again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X