• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow and sutor your help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristow and sutor your help needed

I have been paying B&S for a time now I have never missed. I retired in 2013 the payment is £40 a month and I can just about afford that now they are asking for £157 a month is there a limit that they can legally ask for they want to increase my payment by £117 a month my pension is £121 a week.
    Tags: None

Re: Bristow and sutor your help needed

Hi Welcome,

Are you paying in accordance with a court order, or a formal arrangement with BS?

Comment

An arrangement with BS, it was renewed every 6 months as I was on JSA I retired in september and have just given them my income
      for the 6 months it has not change but they will not except £40 a month now they want £157, I just can not afford that much and I have explained this to them.

Comment

What is the underlying debt and how did BS get involved please.
        Just remember they cannot have what you have not!

nem

Comment

Sounds to me as if they are trying to engineer themselves the £235 fee for a bailiff attending.

Was your agreement subject to them having seized goods previously & if so what were they? Has a Bailiff ever had entry to your home? Did you have a written agreement for your £40pm?

Comment

council tax lost job problem paying it was on JSA they accepted £15 a month all done with email ( I have kept them all) then I went up to £20 a month but was revised every 6 months, then retired in 6/9/2013 so am getting state pension as I was getting a little extra I increased payment to £40 a month they accepted (have email) last week send proof of income than get an email saying that they want £157 a month for 7 months, yes they have been into my home way back in 2012. I have asked them for a list of all my payments and it looks like not much has been going to the bill's.

Comment

Hi

You should write a letter to your CEO immediately, headed "Formal Complaint" CC B&S in on the letter.

Outline the facts, as per your post making sure to mention that you have not once missed a payment for this debt. Also mention that you are now on state pension and that the actions of B&S appear to be at loggerheads with both the National Standards (24) and the Guidance to local councils on good practice in the collection of council tax arrears (4.4)

https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/co ... ndards.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rrears.pdf

Ask for recovery action to be suspended whilst this complaint is being investigated.

I would also strongly recommend that you put a request in writing to B&S, asking they provide you with a statement of account to date. B&S statements are usually comprehensive but specifically request they provide the following:
              1. The date that any action incurred a fee
              2. The reason for that fee
              3. The amount of the fee.

When you receive this, please post up the details and we can check to see if there are any fees that we can challenge (there is a very strong likelihood that there will be) Can you also confirm that this debt is for one tax year only?

Get the complaint in ASAP in order to get the action suspended before further fees are added by way of another visit.

Comment

sorry for being dumb but dose CEO is the ceo of the council??

Comment

The Chief Executive Officer of The Local Authority.

Comment

The Chief Executive Officer of the council, the name will be on the council website.

Comment

So there is a levy in place, this will still be under the old rules probably

Do you still have the list of the goods levied, and if so could you post them up, also what was the original debt? It could be that you have been way overcharged by Bristols & Stupor, so that Formal complaint to CEO and Elected Leader is a must, and copy it to your local council membr and MP.

Comment

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
                        1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
                        2 - the dates they were obtained
                        3 - the addresses they were for
                        4 - the period of time each covers
                        5 - how much each one was for
                        6 - how much is still outstanding
                        7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
                        8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Comment

There is every chance that Busted & stupid have gilded the lily with all sorts of spurious fees, so do as ploddertom suggests and post up the numbers so Beagles can dissect them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X