• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried sick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worried sick!

Hi have head from Swift this morning, all they have provided me with is statements. I asked them for ALL documentation to do with the house including the house clearance. They have refusd to do this, they are saying they cannot provide those details, to me that is bull cr*p I cannot see what can possibly be confidential about who has done the house clearance. It seems to me they want to. Keep this. Information hush hush! I get the feeling if they let me have this information it might incriminate them. Is there anything I can do about this? I am determined not to let them away. With anything. Rosie 500

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998, this requires the recipient company to provide all " personal data" is hold relating to the account.
      You can ask for specific document to be included but not allow the request to be limited to those specific documents.
      This has a statutory fee of £10 Swift have 40 days to comply. The request should addressed to the data controller at the head office
      (A template can be found in the forum library)
      Hi I have heard back from Swift and in trueSwift form have not supplied me with the. Information on the property I requested nor have they given me the details of the house clearance I asked for. I. Contacted the ICO and had a phone call this morning from them, they said Swift had no right to withhold the information about my property or the contractors. They advised I do a chaser letter or. Email and if I don't hear within the 40. Days then they said to put everything. Have in. The post to them and they will look into it. I noticed the payments on the credit agreement did not match what Swift were charging, I worked out the payments at the rate quotedon the credit agreement and they come to more than I was paying. The ICO said that Swift could be in breach so they could find themselves in a whole lot of hot water. The interest on the loan is almost three times what I borrowed! I seriously think Swift have got themselves in serious trouble.

Comment

Hi

Sounds like the ICO have you covered there

Keep at them!

Comment

Hello Rosie
          Follow the ICO,s advice.

Forcefully point out that Swift have a legal obligation to supply the data and that you are acting on the advice of the ICO and failure to comply with the lawful request for data will major consequences.

use sign for post and check delivery date. e-mails are too easily " missed".

Comment

Hi I am going to do a letter this weekend and will send it recorded delivery. I asked Swift a long time ago to contact the contractors and then again recently to give me their name up to now they have refused. I will let Swift know that they have a legal obligation to supply me with the data I asked for and if they refuse again it will have serious consequences for them. Rosie500

Comment

Please keep us posted on what happens Rosie.

nem

Comment

Hi yes I will keep you posted no problem. I am not holding my breath on Swift complying the hide of a rhino comes to mind with them! I have the ICO phone number if I should receive everything from Swift then I think it would be wise. If. I sent everything to them. We shall see I will let you know.

Comment

Phi sent off letter to Swift registered post so they should get it Monday. I have decided that when I get the data (or even if I dont) I am going to send everything to the ICO. They really need to deal withSwift as they are I breach where the l credit agreement is concerned as the payments are different to what I was paying! I calculated the payments myself and they come out more than both Swift and their broker calculated. Will keep you posted. Rosie500

Comment

With respect, the ICO is concerned only with the provision of your information, they are not interested in the payment rates and so on.

I don't see any point in sending whatever you might receive from Swift to the ICO - in this circumstance they are concerned only if you are not provided with the data.

IF you have a valid complaint in that regard it is the Financial Ombudsman Service that you need to complain to.

Comment

Hii I am acting on advice from the ICO. I have spoken to them put them and explained everything to them. They are interested alright. I said that the credit agreement was not calculated properly and that the payments I had been making were short of the correct amount. The ICO advised me. to let the. 40 days Swift have. Under the. SAR if they do not comply then they will be in breach and advised me to send everything I have to them. Going back to the credit agreement the ICO said it sounded like Swift. were in breach where that was concerned. As far as. The Financial Ombudsman is concerned I have already takenSwift to them all they did was to call me a liar! and came down on Swifts side! The whole scenario was farcical it had "if you scratch my back I'll scratch yours stamped all over it I am not the silly little woman Swift think I am. I am a tougher cookie than they think! I will await Swifts reply with baited. breath. Rosie500

Comment

Hi Nem just had a letter from Swift this morning, they state they have supplied everything! They also stated that the contractors name was not personal data, the contractors who did the house clearance are after all part of everything, there is nothing confidential about the name of the contractors. It seems to me that Swift are holding back information they know could incriminate them. What is the best way forward, I am sorely tempted to put everything in an envelope and send it to the ICO. or write to Swift again and ask again for the information I am missing. Any advice on this wouldbe appreciated. Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                          Please keep us posted on what happens Rosie.

nem
                          Hi Nem I received a letter from Swift yesterday, they stated they had complied with the SAR I sent them. I don't think so! They are still refusing to give me the contractors name and the particulars of the property, they say it has nothing to do
                          with me! I think it has everything to do with me as after all it was my property and I do think I have every right to know what went on. They are such bullies they really are. If they think I am going to go quietly they have another think coming. Any advice on how to take this forward would be very much appreciated. Rosie

Comment

[QUOTE=Rosie500;519566]Hi Nem I received a letter from Swift yesterday, they stated they had complied with the SAR I sent them. I don't think so! They are still refusing to give me the contractors name and the particulars of the property, they say it has nothing to do
                            with me! I think it has everything to do with me as after all it was my property and I do think I have every right to know what went on. They are such bullies they really are. If they think I am going to go quietly they have another think coming. Any advice on how to take this forward would be very much appreciated. Rosie[/QUOTE}

Hi Rosie,

Clearly something is being hidden here, just what can be done I am unsure apart from passing all the data to the ICO and getting their opinion.

I hope others may come up with suggestions.

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=nemesis45;519587]
                              Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
                              Hi Nem I received a letter from Swift yesterday, they stated they had complied with the SAR I sent them. I don't think so! They are still refusing to give me the contractors name and the particulars of the property, they say it has nothing to do
                              with me! I think it has everything to do with me as after all it was my property and I do think I have every right to know what went on. They are such bullies they really are. If they think I am going to go quietly they have another think coming. Any advice on how to take this forward would be very much appreciated. Rosie[/QUOTE}

Hi Rosie,

Clearly something is being hidden here, just what can be done I am unsure apart from passing all the data to the ICO and getting their opinion.

I hope others may come up with suggestions.

nem
                              Hi Nem thanks for getting back. I had a feeling they wouldn't comply. What I think I could do is to write to Swift again as there is still 21 days of the 40 days remaining of the SAR. I am also going to contact the ICO and tell them what Swift are doing. Swift know. that the information on my property and the contractors will incriminate them. As far as I am concerned they made the mess they can clear it up. I think they would like me to go quietly - fat chance of that happening. I think they think I came up the Clyde on a water biscuit! They really do have a brass neck! (meaning they have a nerve) I will keep you posted. Rosie

Comment

Go for it Rosie:boink:

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X