• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

vested interest/resulting trust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vested interest/resulting trust

Hello everyone,
    I read an article about resulting trusts and wonder if anyone has had experience of this and can advise me.
    I am a discharged bankrupt with mental health problems. It is now 2 years and 4 months since being declared bankrupt, and I have received a letter from the OR regarding his beneficial interest in my property.
    The OR has seen proof, but not acknowledged my parents interest in/contribution towards my house. Will they loose their savings?

My parents lived with me for the first six months, and intend moving back in the future (when they are older and need home care. They are both nearly 80 and currently in very good health) They paid (£40,000 by chaps, which was their half of the initial deposit) on completion in 2006. They have also paid some of the monthly mortgage payments since. We never had a written agreement or had a charge put onto the property as we trust each other and never imagined the current situation would happen. The property is in my sole name. Does anyone know if my parents contributions should be taken into account? Can anyone confirm that my parents and I have a resulting trust, and what should I do?

Thank you in anticipation

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X