• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Machine lease hire debt collection charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine lease hire debt collection charge

I'm 60 days in arrears with an annual payment of £7200 (6k +vat), due to several factors, but top and bottom is I've not had the money in fast enough this year. On Monday 15/12 I emailed the lease company informing them it would be paid in full by Monday 22/12, which it will be. (Yippee someone has paid me!). On Tuesday I received an email from a debt collection/repo agency telling me I had to make arrangements to pay or have the asset repossessed! I emailed back informing them that I had already informed the lease company and was then told "the full arrears of £7921 must be paid to stop repossession. £721 extra fees from a collection agency that did not need to be involved and have not done anything to speed up or get payment! Feeling really annoyed, I've had 6 other agreements with this lease firm over the years and have not defaulted on any. Do I have to pay this extra charge?
    Tags: None

Re: Machine lease hire debt collection charge

If they are just a common or garden debt collector I would just ignore them & pay your creditor.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      If they are just a common or garden debt collector I would just ignore them & pay your creditor.
      They are a company called UK Max International. If anyone knows of them?

Comment

http://www.ukmax.org/

Follow Ploddertom's suggestion.

Comment

You need to check the lease Ts & Cs often on leases for capital assets there strict terms on missed or late payments Which May include " debt collection fees".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X