• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial UK / Lloyds - 2-12-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial UK / Lloyds - 2-12-2014

Originally posted by octet View Post
    Another reply received from FCA, basically the same thing, ignoring our 3rd question.

========

There are no specific rules regarding the time scale for providing the information and I noted that Cabot is not the original owner of the debt.

=============
    The Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983

Citation, commencement and interpretation

1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 and shall come into operation on 19th May 1985.

(2) In these Regulations, “the Act” means the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Prescribed period

2. The period of 12 working days is hereby prescribed for the purposes of each provision of the Act specified in Column 1 of the Schedule to these Regulations relating to the duty indicated in Column 2 in relation to regulated agreements.

SCHEDULESECTIONS OF THE ACT IN RESPECT OF WHICH A PERIOD OF 12 WORKING DAYS IS PRESCRIBED RELATING TO DUTIES IN RELATION TO REGULATED AGREEMENTS
    SECTION OF THE ACT DUTY
    (1) (2)
    77(1) Duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement.
    78(1) Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement.
    79(1) Duty to give information to hirer under consumer hire agreement.
    103(1) Duty to give debtor or hirer under a regulated agreement termination statement or serve counter-notice.
    107(1) Duty to give information to surety under fixed-sum credit agreement.
    108(1) Duty to give information to surety under running-account credit agreement.
    109(1) Duty to give information to surety under consumer hire agreement.
    110(1) Duty to give debtor or hirer copy of any security instrument executed in relation to agreement after making of agreement.

However, failure to comply with the provisions means that the agreement becomes unenforceable while the failure to comply persists, and the courts have no discretion to allow enforcement.
    Yes, after the PRESCRIBED PERIOD that is true, so there is a time limit on when it becomes unenforceable. It CAN be remedied at any time though, which presumably is what she is talking about, but I'd still be inclined to say there are time limits and they are not 40 days.

It USED to be a criminal offence not to provide it within 12 days + 30 days. Sadly that was taken out in 2006.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

On the other letter - stick to the court timescales and don't take notice of Cabot saying things are on hold .
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Personally I would be happy to turn up in court with a letter from the claimant stating the agreement is unenforcable. If only to claim my costs.
        G

Comment

Thanks everyone, sent another email to FCA.

Comment

No reply to our last letter to FCA, but got a letter from RESTONS SOLICITORS today:

Comment

I've had more or less the same.

I'm keeping my eye on them though because unless they come back with something (which they can't) the claim will be stayed. from what I've seen on here it's doubtful anyone will write and tell me this. that then leaves the door open for them to sneak back in and try to get judgment at some point in the none to distant future.

I have written to Restons to suggest that as the claim cannot be enforced they might like to withdraw it but they appear to have thus far ignored that request.

I shan't rest on my laurels - I don't trust them one inch...

Comment

Originally posted by Nuff55 View Post
                I've had more or less the same.

I'm keeping my eye on them though because unless they come back with something (which they can't) the claim will be stayed. from what I've seen on here it's doubtful anyone will write and tell me this. that then leaves the door open for them to sneak back in and try to get judgment at some point in the none to distant future.

I have written to Restons to suggest that as the claim cannot be enforced they might like to withdraw it but they appear to have thus far ignored that request.

I shan't rest on my laurels - I don't trust them one inch...
                I too have offered the opportunity to withdraw which they have ignored. I think this is because it is about to become statute barred and by keeping it as stayed it prolongs the statute barred date.
                G

Comment

Some updates on this case:

Letter from Restons:

Letter from the Court:

Comment

That is brilliant! Restons were still looking for documents back in May, five months after issuing their claim! :noidea:

I love the court order which starts by saying their particulars are embarrassing in their lack of particularity! msl: That should teach them (and a lot of other firms acting for creditors), a lesson! :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

So they only have a couple of weeks to come up with the goods or the court will strike out their claim! :high5:

Given that they've been looking for the documents since December, what are the chances of them finding them now? :flypig: :flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig:

I reckon the odds are right up there with there being heavy snow tomorrow! :lol:

Comment

Ha ha! Exactly, loved that bit from the Judge, I could send him / her a bottle of wine and some chocolate, LOL

Comment

Not been here for a while but I just caught this post. How did that happen? Restons have tried offering me a deal - even telephoning me a couple of weeks ago. I'll let you guess my response.

How do I go about getting to the point of the above with the courts? Do I write to them and say that Restons have not provided any proof of the debt after 8 months and can it be struck out?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuff55 View Post
                          Not been here for a while but I just caught this post. How did that happen? Restons have tried offering me a deal - even telephoning me a couple of weeks ago. I'll let you guess my response.

How do I go about getting to the point of the above with the courts? Do I write to them and say that Restons have not provided any proof of the debt after 8 months and can it be struck out?
                          You make an application to the court for the claim to be struck out Form N244 fee £155.00 OR
                          Write to the claimants solicitors on the lines of.

Sir/ Madam,

I refer you to County Court Claim No:............................... Between your client ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and Your name.

This claim has been stayed for an inordinately long period to allow your client to provide documents upon which it intends to rely, after some 8 months no progress has been made and I therefore give notice that within 7 days I shall make an application to the court that the claim shall be struck out.

I will of course seek the cost of this application from your client.

I would suggest that you refer to your client that it now withdraws the claim in the interest of saving further costs and court time.

use signed for post and check delivery.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem.

Comment

One received in August 2015:

One received in October 2015:

and another one received last week:

Last edited by octet; 1st February 2016, 14:36:PM.

Comment

All letters received from the last update are now posted above for you reference.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X