• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax

Apparently in September this year I was sent a notice from the council regarding "council tax payments shortfall"..............apparently because I pay over the tinterweb it is an issue....Wow! if only people paid me by BACS...would love it

They sent me in late November a magistrates summons to appear in/on the 10th December for the sum of including costs £262.43 !

This sum was/is less than that of those paying by direct debit in the same band would have outstanding at the time.

I complained using their own system and asked them to apply some common sense on 28th Nov........................no response other than court demands ect

Rang them today admittedly furious but calm asking why when I pay & have paid for twenty years often more than required so it reduces next years bill why they think this action is necessary, why have you taken me to task, why have you made this decision is it perhaps to teach me a lesson & if so for what ?

The response was..............we have not yet looked into your complaint & you do not pay on the same day each month so we took steps to to ensure payment, however we see that you owe very little & you have paid your normal sum this month (December) as you have in the past months, this must be because you were a little late in one of your payments. I will speak to a colleague & ring you back.

20mins rang back.......................... yes we see your point you owe £71.43 please payable by end Jan court costs waived.....sorry for any inconvenience we shall respond to your complaint, yes you are entitled to pay by instalments over 12 months if you wish.

Just how much time & effort is wasted on petty rubbish like this not to mention the stress it causes......................who the hell do they think they are !
    Last edited by Fred; 19th December 2014, 17:56:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Council Tax

Loads of time wasted by most councils across UK.
    I have always paid up my CT over 6 months from the 1st of April each years for many years, yet still get pink reminders on a regular basis claim this moths payment has not been made on time or is paid short of the amount required.masred:

Of course it's always blamed on the " computer" and me for not keeping to a " regular" payment schedule!

MADNESS or INCOMPETENCE or more likely BOTHmasroll:masroll:masroll:

Comment

Re: Council Tax

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-country.html

Perhaps we should all pay up front to help with statistics...................but hen this type of threat is only applicable to easy targets.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X