• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shop direct debt but passed onto Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop direct debt but passed onto Lowell

Hi,

I need some help regarding a debt I have with shop direct, I stupidly stopped paying as I couldn't afford it and wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time. Basically Lowell have bought the debt off littlewoods and the amount they are chasing is including all the interest on top of things I have bought, is there a way I can dispute this and then offer a monthly amount I can afford?

Also is there a template I can use to send Lowell my offer of £x a month?

im not good with stuff like this so any help will be appreciated

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Shop direct debt but passed onto Lowell

Hi, Welcome.

Before making any offers to Lowell it would be best to check the validity of the alleged debt.
    1. When was the account opened?
    2. When was the account defaulted?
    3. When did you make the last payment to the account?
    4. Is there a lot of late payment charges on the avvount?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hi, Welcome.

Before making any offers to Lowell it would be best to check the validity of the alleged debt.
      1. When was the account opened?
      2. When was the account defaulted?
      3. When did you make the last payment to the account?
      4. Is there a lot of late payment charges on the avvount?
      good morning.

i would follow the guide nemesis has given you.

i would also like to offer you our experience with shop direct and lowells firstly we sent a SAR request to shop direct to find out how much is penalty fees and charges.
      then we emailed lowells explaining what we had done and would they kindly put the account on hold.
      when we got our SAR back from shop direct we waited till lowells got back in touch offered them a payment plan less all the charges in all it was around 25% of what they was asking.

We put it that if the offer was not acceptable would they kindly let us continue our dispute with shop direct.

They accepted our offer of 25% discount with £60 a month payable but make sure all this confirmed by letter or email.

but first i would send CCA Request to see if they had the correct agreement ours was because it was quite new and signed online.

regards

joedempsey

Comment

Hi,

the account was opened about 4year ago, I defaulted last November and havnt made a payment since then. Yes I would think there is quite a few late fees and charges now on the account. The balance should be roughly £1800 what was left after taking off the interest on the products.

What at should I do in regards to offering an amount each month and what letters do I need to send to Lowell?

Ive be already had a cca request and it's signed by me, I'm not disputing the debt just want to sort it so there's no more hassle with debt collection letters lol.

thanks again for your help

Comment

Please don't negotiate with Lowell by telephone you will end up being bombarded with calls non stop, keep everything in writing, phone calls are very easily " forgotten".

Can you please post a suitably redacted "copy" of the agreement please?
          Please also be aware and very, very careful of making any offers in full and final settlement, if Lowell believe there is sufficient means/or assets they often issue statutory demands on debts of £750 and above.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Please don't negotiate with Lowell by telephone you will end up being bombarded with calls non stop, keep everything in writing, phone calls are very easily " forgotten".

Can you please post a suitably redacted "copy" of the agreement please?
            Please also be aware and very, very careful of making any offers in full and final settlement, if Lowell believe there is sufficient means/or assets they often issue statutory demands on debts of £750 and above.
            good morning

like nemesis says be very careful with any full and final settlement.
            Make sure every handle is covered by paper trail or email and make sure your agreement (if paying by installments) is watertight.
            But be warned i took advice on this, the amount will be the original amount just in case the agreement breaks down
            And any discount you have negotiated will only be applied at the end of the agreement.

so make sure (if you go down this route) that you set up a standing order and pay a few days earlier than the date they request.
            Keep all your bank statements for future reference.

Regards

Joedempsey

Comment

I wasn't planning on offering a full and final settlement, I was going to submit my income and expenditure and offer £10 a month to them (better offering something than nothing right?)

i dont know where the copy of the cca is now but it's definately my signature and not electronic.

I will submit everything In writing as I've read before that's the best thing to do and also send recorded so I know they have received it.

i can't see me being in a position to ever offer full and final settlements unless I win the lottery haha

thank you

Comment

The agreement you have received is it complete with all the TS & Cs either contained within one document or provided separately?

Comment

hi, it was complete with the t's and c's in one letter ... I've received another letter from them to which I've set up a payment agreement online through their website as they are threatening with a court claim and i really dont want to have to deal with another one of them lol ive set up for 10 pound a month, they cant take it further now ive set up a payment plan can they?

please let me know asap thanks

Comment

OK is the payment arrangement in writing ?
                    If not put the offer in writing and require Lowell to
                    give written acceptance.

Comment

no i did it online through their website ... so i should put it in writing also? you would think with them saying to do it through their website that it would be proof enough lol

Comment

Belt & Braces always when dealing with Lowlife is my opinion. (no I don't trust them!!!)

Comment

haha thats made me laugh, totally agree on not trusting them so ill send the letter off first thing monday morning ... thanks

Comment

Happy to help:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X