• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Victim of scam - legal rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim of scam - legal rights

Hi, my friend was recently the victim of an online scam regarding a camper van to the tune of 8k. The money was transferred to a Barclays sort code - her bank have said they can't assist as she transferred willingly, and while the police have been informed I don't hold much hope that the perps will be caught. Does anyone know if Barclays can be liable under kyc regs as they have allowed the fraud account to be set up? And if so if there is a time frame to raise?
    any assistance would be much appreciated!!

Re: Victim of scam - legal rights

Where was the camper bought?

Comment

Piston heads, but they have disclaimers. I just wonder how these people are able to set up phoney accounts. Money laundering regs etc / is the receiving bank liable at all as the account has been set up for crime?

Comment

I know one of the site admin is very hot on this issue. I'll pm them for you.

Comment

Thanks - that would be awesome

Comment

Done! mashappy:

Comment

Thanks Wombats.

Miss d, sorry to hear about your friend, sadly there are far too many people falling foul of these scams.

If you can ask your friend to forward any "invoice" the scammers sent with the bank details to julian.siddle@legalbeagles.info

Any funds are normally withdrawn within a matter of hours so the chances of a refund are extremely slim but the faster I get that account number the better.
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I have also fallen prey to a similar scam. However, in my case the website that is involved is owned by the company which was selling the vehicle and I contacted them through the form which is provided on their website. They claimed that their email may have been hacked by the scammers who I sent money to.

Can't I sue the company?

Comment

What was the website?
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X