• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Second letter from 1st Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second letter from 1st Credit

"Account number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
    Client: Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc

"We Accept Affordable Arrangement Offers"

Dear Mr $quandaŁot

We invite you to contact us t agree repayment terms. Our agents will assess the affordability of your repayment offer over the phone.

I is important to us that your offer of repayment is reasonable and one that you can comfortably maintain.

Our policy is that we can work together to support your commitment to repaying this debt.

Give us a call and one of our agents will run through an affordability assessment with you and agree suitable repayment terms.

Please call us on 01737 235201.

Yours sincerely,

Gavin Flynn
    Collections Director"

Any advice, please?

Should I send them a standard account sold whilst in dispute letter or go straight to one of my Mayhew template letters, highlighting the Santander vs Mayhew case, as well as attaching the judgement?

Funny how 1st Credit refers to M&S as "the client" even when they have now bought this alleged debt!

As this has been going on for two and a half years now, I would be quite tempted just to ignore these guys. However, I believe PT2537 might not agree as he likes paper trails, especially should he be defending this case if 1st Credit goes all the way to the court!
    Tags: None

Re: Second letter from 1st Credit

The way I look at your two options is one will continue to delay things, the other may bring a conclusion to it. Given that, I'd go for the option of trying to bring it to a conclusion, but ensure it is sent to someone in authority, not some numpty who has never heard of Santander vs Mayhew and so just sends out the next templated letter.

Comment

Re: Second letter from 1st Credit

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
      Should I send them a standard account sold whilst in dispute letter or go straight to one of my Mayhew template letters, highlighting the Santander vs Mayhew case, as well as attaching the judgement?

Funny how 1st Credit refers to M&S as "the client" even when they have now bought this alleged debt!

As this has been going on for two and a half years now, I would be quite tempted just to ignore these guys. However, I believe PT2537 might not agree as he likes paper trails, especially should he be defending this case if 1st Credit goes all the way to the court!
      1st Crud, like all debt purchasers, would have bought this account as part of a job lot, and wouldn't be aware of any disputes with M&S. They need to be told that this is UE due to the fact you never signed a credit agreement for the credit card, they wouldn't know that if you don't tell them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X