• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabolt, old Halifax credit card debt and Renstons solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabolt, old Halifax credit card debt and Renstons solicitors

Hi, I received a letter a few weeks from these Renston solicitors threatening to take me to court for money I owed to Cabolt Financial, tbh I Ignored it i had never heard of this Cabolt firm, and assumed it was some silly spam - anyway I have now had a letter saying its gone against me in court, i owe £5000 plus to cabolt and it there mentions a Halifax credit card, which I defaulted on in 2011, they want £85 a month, starting January or else. This is what happened with the Halifax, in 2011 they out of the blue cancelled our overdraft of £4500 (a lot i know), and threatened to empty our bank accounts, it was Easter Saturday I got the letter, in panic I emptied our accounts and moved everything to the Nationwide, I have not paid a penny since. Halifax had sold the debt a few time, but over time I have heard nothing, then suddenly this....any help would be appreciated. if i am honest want to tell Halifax to stuff it, they pulled this bank overdraft stunt 3 months before my wedding, was not happy at all, they had checked it in the February and was happy that we could afford it, then bang April took it away, overnight, not even a needs to be paid back asap letter. dropped us right in the muck without a damn paddle
    any help would be great thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Cabolt, old Halifax credit card debt and Renstons solicitors

Originally posted by akashine691 View Post
    Hi, I received a letter a few weeks from these Renston solicitors threatening to take me to court for money I owed to Cabolt Financial, tbh I Ignored it i had never heard of this Cabolt firm, and assumed it was some silly spam - anyway I have now had a letter saying its gone against me in court, i owe £5000 plus to cabolt and it there mentions a Halifax credit card, which I defaulted on in 2011, they want £85 a month, starting January or else. This is what happened with the Halifax, in 2011 they out of the blue cancelled our overdraft of £4500 (a lot i know), and threatened to empty our bank accounts, it was Easter Saturday I got the letter, in panic I emptied our accounts and moved everything to the Nationwide, I have not paid a penny since. Halifax had sold the debt a few time, but over time I have heard nothing, then suddenly this....any help would be appreciated. if i am honest want to tell Halifax to stuff it, they pulled this bank overdraft stunt 3 months before my wedding, was not happy at all, they had checked it in the February and was happy that we could afford it, then bang April took it away, overnight, not even a needs to be paid back asap letter. dropped us right in the muck without a damn paddle
    any help would be great thanks
    Is it a LETTER or a court claim? Is it something like this?

If so , that's a court claim. If not, could you scan or take a picture of the letter, remove all personal details and post it up? :typing:

Comment

Re: Cabolt, old Halifax credit card debt and Renstons solicitors

so sorry for late reply, all went a bit pear shaped here - anyway I replied to the court, did the statement of earnings, they said i have to pay £140 a month till debt cleared, not happy and its a bit high, and its a suspended attachment of earnings, but i have accepted it, so went on to Cabot Financial site to pay bill, it wouldn't work, so i rang them, after all the normal questions of who are you, I am told the debt isn't with them but with a company called Marline, so I ring Marline and I am told no not with us, maybe with Restons Solicitors, who are closed, so I ring Cabot back and they say they cant tell me who has the debt until I speak to another department who closed at 5pm!!!! my judgement letter says I have till Feb 27th to make the payment or they will do the attache of earnings, this could affect my job because I am an administrator - Marline said once they don't a reply to any letters they get rid of the debt, but surely someone should have told me where to pay??? Have they done anything wrong and do I have cause to complain?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X