• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

24 month EE Contract taken out on 01.12.2014 - Faulty iPhone 6 - Rights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 month EE Contract taken out on 01.12.2014 - Faulty iPhone 6 - Rights?

Hi

I detest shopping for a new mobile phone.

My partner and I recently decided to upgrade to iPhone 6 from iPhone 4S (which we originally bought outright).

Her new phone has no issues to date.

The phones were purchased in store.

The last 11 days have been a nightmare for me to say the least. An unbelievable amount of stress due to this **** phone.

I spent 4 hours on the phone with Apple yesterday and they tell me the phone has not recorded any faults. Twice now it has switched off. The first time I thought the battery had died but when I plugged it in, it failed to boot immediately and I had to do a soft reset. When it came alive, it had 78% battery. Again, the same happened so I took it straight back to the store.

The main reason I spent so long on the phone with Apple was because some of the phone's in-built iOS apps were not working properly. Weather in Sheffield, Las Vegas, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt and Las Vegas was 32C. Of course it couldn't be. The Apple agent asked me to delete a city and re-add it. This corrected the issue.

Steve Jobs once said, "It just works!" and the crowd went wild. Since his passing, things have gone downhill it would seem.

I also had issues with iCloud and wanting to know if all my photos were safe. I am still unsure about this. Apple said I should upgrade to Yosemite OS X (but I do not want to) on my Mac to ensure compatibility with the photos side of things.

All that aside, I have a faulty iPhone 6 which I must say I have grown to HATE with a passion.

EE have said that they will replace it within 14 days but I said I am not sure I want a replacement but may be a downgrade (or an upgrade in my eyes) to an iPhone 5S. They have said this is not possible.

What are my rights regarding change of mind on the actual phone model?
    Tags: None

Re: 24 month EE Contract taken out on 01.12.2014 - Faulty iPhone 6 - Rights?

hi,
    I work in the Industry, the actual warranty you have is for an iphone 6, and the total agreement you have is with an iphone 6, this is why EE won't change it to the 5s, when you say recently how recent is this?
    If you have taken the upgrade in store you do not have a 14 day cool off as you have the chance to see and handle the phone, and discuss any faults then and there, but you do have your 28 day statuary rights to exhange for the same model.

Unless (and this is highly unlikely) EE agree to terminate the contract, which will mean you taking the phone back to the original store you purchased it from and having them contact customer services and duking it out with them too, all they legally have to do is exchange the phone for one that works

RETAIL RETURNS POLICY

Download the Retail Returns Policy (.pdf40.3 KB) >
    Terms and conditions

We want you to be happy with what you've bought from us. If you're not, here is how you may be able to return your purchase.
    This policy is for new and existing customers who join or upgrade in this store only, apart from the purchase of:
    • EE home broadband ;
    • accessories;
    • any extra services added to your account after you join or upgrade; and
    • insurance services (where separate insurance terms will apply).

If you take out or upgrade more than one line with us, this policy applies to each separately.
    We do not offer a change of mind policy on any of our products in store. However, we do offer a 14 day return on our products if you are experiencing coverage issues or our coverage does not meet your expectation.You'll have 14 calendar days from when you join or upgrade, including the day of original purchase or upgrade, to return your phone and/or plan to the store where you purchased. You can only make one return within this time. ​(this surprised me)
    You'll need your original receipt and the phone/device you're returning must be complete and in "as new" condition. That means you'll have to return the phone and any inclusive 'in-box' accessories (including the charger) supplied. You'll also have to return any free or promotional items that you got at the same time as joining or upgrading in "as new" condition too. We'll then refund you what you paid us, bearing in mind the points below.
    If you're returning an upgrade, you'll then go back onto your previous phone and plan and any remaining minimum term commitment will still apply. If you're a pay monthly customer, we'll refund any deposit or upfront payments back to you, using the payment method that you originally used.
    You will have to pay your line rental and charges for any services that you've used before you returned your phone to us. We'll set off any services you use against your allowance, based on the number of days before you returned your phone. This will be reflected on your final bill, plus any refund of any upfront payments you paid for with your first bill.
    If you're a pay as you go customer, we'll refund what you paid for your phone, but not what you paid at the same time for any top up or any remaining top up balance left on your SIM.
    If you're a mobile broadband customer, you'll be treated the same as either a pay monthly customer or pay as you go customer, depending on how you pay for your plan

Comment

Brand new contract taken out on 1st December 2014.

Was with O2 for 7 years before that before they seriously upset my partner so we both moved. I was happy with O2 personally but you have to show a bit of solidarity sometimes.

Comment

i would say try your hand with the store, here is the link to the T&Cs if you want to print them

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billin...returns-policy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X