• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can a DCA get access to my wifes personal bank accounts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a DCA get access to my wifes personal bank accounts?

Hi Guys, as above really, do these Dca's have any authority to access my wifes bank accounts even though all the debts are my personal unsecured credit cards etc, can they legally get access to mine?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Can a DCA get access to my wifes personal bank accounts?

No, they cannot access someone else account if the debts they have interest in are not associated with it, irrespective of any relationship. Not even your bank can try that one if you hold separate accounts. The DCA could maybe apply for an arrestment of earnings order from a court but that would only be against your account, not your wife's.

What's planted this seed in your mind?

Comment

DCA's have no right to access any ones bank account at any time.

What exactly is the situation please?
      Is there actually a DCA claiming to do this, if so which one is it?
      nem

Comment

Well what planted the seed is a letter from 1st credit about 2 debts of mine, they say they have received info that the status of one of my accounts on my credit file has changed dramatically and looks like my financial status has changed for the better, so they want more money a month or they say they will do further investigation to find out my outgoings and possibly take further action against me!
        What has happened is my wife decided to pay a small chunk off our mortgage from her savings account, so somehow they have got that info.......my wife is angry by the way!!!!!!!

Comment

it would show on the CRA file under balances & payments

Comment

This morning I got another letter from 1st Credit apologising for the first letter and for any inconvenience it may have caused........however they sent me a financial statement form for me to fill in and send back because they say they need to update their records!! this financial statement is VERY intrusive and I dont really want to send it back so any Tom, Dick or Harry can have a read of it.....do I have to fill it in as I was under the impression that only a court of law have any legal standing to request such information? I have never missed a payment or been in arrears on this account since it has been with them over the past 11 years.

Comment

I would ignore the financial statement none of their business they are not a court.

Comment

hi Barney, I recently got the same thing asking for copies of my bank statements with proof of my statement of affairs I am not giving them access to my bank accounts no way unless I have to go to court as far too much of personal invasion

I don't know if they can force you to supply as miike770 mentioned they have no right - does anyone have it in black in white ?

Comment

Whether or not they can legally force you to supply them with your bank statements (the answer is NO) is largely irrelevant. If you don't provide them with the proof they have asked for you may find that their next step is applying for a CCJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
                    Whether or not they can legally force you to supply them with your bank statements (the answer is NO) is largely irrelevant. If you don't provide them with the proof they have asked for you may find that their next step is applying for a CCJ.
                    No one need supply bank statements to a DCA you make a statement that I can afford pay £x pcm and no more or quote a labour ex government minister " There is no Money".

nem

Comment

You don't NEED to. But if you do, the DCA is more likely to accept your proposed offer and less likely to take you to court.

Comment

IF you feel that it may help to provide an income and expenditure you can make it very basic. Of course I couldn't recommend it but some people start with what they want to pay and work backwards , certainly no need to send bank statements in

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X