• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fun with First Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with First Credit

Being a debt collector must be tough these days, especially if the debtor happens to be an LB member or, in case of store to credit cards, know the Mayhew case.

Also, most smartphones nowadays let you block numbers so there really is no need to put up with telephone harassment from those parasites. I blocked all calls from Reigate to be on safe site. I don't know anyone in that area so it made sense to do so.

As it happens, First Credit has now attempted to contact me. When their number is blocked on my mobile, their call goes directly to voicemail. Yesterday and today they rang just after 10am, followed by calls to my landline. As I don't currently have a truecall, I can't block numbers on my landline. Instead, I unplugged the phone as I didn't want to be disturbed in the morning.

I later replugged my landline and then the phone rang. I was looking forward to winding First Credit charlatans up but no, it wasn't them but someone trying to sell me contents insurance. Arrgh!
    Tags: None

Re: Fun with First Credit

Drop 1st Crud a short note e.g
    The level of telephone contacts from 1st Credit is now at a level that amounts to harassment and all such contact must cease immediately.

1st Credit is pointed to the Appeal Court Judgement in Roberts - V- BOS, which clearly defines that contacting individuals by phone once a company has been informed that such contact is unacceptable is harassment.

This matter is being reported to the FCA.

use signed for post.

Comment

Even tougher if a Debt Collector knocks on my door they get a mouthful and leave quickly.

Comment

I have the odd letter from these people demanding 5K from a deal they did with New Day. Only problem is New Day had bought the liabilities of the debt (Opus aka CC Asset Management) after Opus had finally held up its hand to the fact that at least 4350 of this was actually PPI having spent 2 years trying to fob me off with letters telling me I had bought this product (I actually have the original T+C's complete with sticky mark from where credit card was attached) so I know as sure as hell I never bought it in the first place. Anyway, having 'apologised' for me needing to complain in the first place and offering compensation they flogged it off to First Credit. So when the aforementioned contacted me demanding payment I pointed them back in the direction of the source of their litigation fodder and told them to go deal with it. I also pointed out that should they go off to court then I would happily defend and ask that they part with some pennies to cover my inconvenience, distress and time etc etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X