• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors letter from Calbot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solicitors letter from Calbot Financial

Tell Cabot they have 12 + 2 Working Days not 40!
    Send a copy of the letter to the FCA please.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Tell Cabot they have 12 + 2 Working Days not 40!
      Send a copy of the letter to the FCA please.
      Thank-you. What is the FCA please?

Comment

Financial Conduct Authority

Comment

Thank-you

Comment

The Financial Conduct Authority ( now responsible for Consumer Credit Licencing ) Regulates the debt collection " industry".

All details on line. The more people to report Cabots conduct the better!!!

nem

Comment

The Financial Conduct Authority ( now responsible for Consumer Credit Licencing ) Regulates the debt collection " industry".

All details on line. The more people to report Cabots conduct the better!!!

nem
              Hello,
              More trouble.
              Reston's sent me the following letter, re the debt with Calbots

We acknowledge your recent request made persuant to CPR 31.14.
              We would point out that the claim was issued via County Court Business Centre which is a procedure specifically provided for in the CPR.
              This procedure only allows the claimant to issue brief details of the Claim and does not allow the attachment of any enclosures.
              Paragraph 5.2A of practice directions 7E specifically states 'The requirement in paragraph 7.3 of Practise direction 16 for documents to be attached to the particulars of the contract claims does not apply to claims started using an online claim form, unless the particulars of claim are served separately in accordance with paragraph 5.2 of this practice direction.'

We would also remind you that CPR 31.14 states:
              'A party may inspect a document mentioned in-
              a A statement of case
              b A witness statement
              c A witness summary
              d A affidavit

You would have been provided with the T and Cs at the time the account was opened, and hence we see no reason why you now require an additional copy.

Furthermore the other documents you requested are not 'mentioned' in the particulars of the claim, and therefore CPR31 14(1) does not apply.

Although your letter states that you require the requested documents in order to file a defence/counterclaim , we would point out that the particulars of the claim contains sufficient information in order for you to understand what the claim relates to, namely:
              a date account was opened
              b the account number
              c the outstanding balance
              d the name of the original creditor
              e the fact that the account has been assigned to the Claimant and when it was assigned

We have returned your ten pound postal order attached to the CPR request as the request does not attract a fee.

Comment

Please can anyone help me with this? I followed all your previous instructions to the letter. I kept to what was said on the County Court Claim form when writing to them. So that bit is incorrect for a start.

They sent me back the now useless postal order for £10.00 it was made payable to them and I wrote on the back as to its use.

What now?
                Lily

Comment

The usual nonsense response from them see my thread for the letter to send in response. It's their way of trying to avoid the issue of them not having the documents required to get a judgement.
                  G

Comment

Hello Lilly,
                    Another Cabot /Reston smoke screen BUT it seems you may have mixed up the processes!

1. A CCA request goes to Cabot, Fee £1.00, 12 + 2 Working Days to comply.
                    2. CPR31.14 to Reston NO FEE this is for production of the Document (s) Mentioned in the Particulars of Claim Only.
                    3. A £10.00 Statutory Fee relates to a Subject Access Request (for personal data) which would be sent to the original creditor.

4. If you have not done so make the CCA Request to Cabot asap. £1 statutory fee use the template from the forum library.
                    Cabot have 12 + 2 Working Days to Comply, failure means the debt is unenforceable UNTIL the agreement is found.

5, To Reston by signed for post.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to your letter dated.......................... in response to my CPR31.14 request in regard to Claim No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, your comments have been noted.
                    I now reiterate my request for copies of all documents mentioned In the particulars of claim as this claim is yet to be allocated to a track CPR31. 14 remains relevant and I expect to receive the documents within 7 days from the date hereon.

OK nem

Comment

Hello Lilly,
                      Another Cabot /Reston smoke screen BUT it seems you may have mixed up the processes!

1. A CCA request goes to Cabot, Fee £1.00, 12 + 2 Working Days to comply.
                      2. CPR31.14 to Reston NO FEE this is for production of the Document (s) Mentioned in the Particulars of Claim Only.
                      3. A £10.00 Statutory Fee relates to a Subject Access Request (for personal data) which would be sent to the original creditor.

4. If you have not done so make the CCA Request to Cabot asap. £1 statutory fee use the template from the forum library.
                      Cabot have 12 + 2 Working Days to Comply, failure means the debt is unenforceable UNTIL the agreement is found.

5, To Reston by signed for post.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to your letter dated.......................... in response to my CPR31.14 request in regard to Claim No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, your comments have been noted.
                      I now reiterate my request for copies of all documents mentioned In the particulars of claim as this claim is yet to be allocated to a track CPR31. 14 remains relevant and I expect to receive the documents within 7 days from the date hereon.

OK nem
                      Ok I did as you said. Now this:
                      We acknowledge receipt of your further Civil Procedure Rules request for documentation dated 21st March, and refer your our previous letter as our position remains the same.
                      We trust this clarifies matters. Please be aware that you have until the 9th of April 2015 to file your Defence, faling which we will request that Judgement be entered against you.
                      Renstons Solicitors.

Comment

Now what please? They still have not come up with the documents asked for.

Comment

Ok, the reply is fairly predictable, on can apply to the court to enforce the request, but that involves fees, which is why they refuse to comply.
                          This can be used in your defence.
                          Any news on the CCA request?

nem

Comment

Hello,

I have just got a letter from Apex, not Calbot! They basically say that my account is on hold as they are going to try to come up with the documents I asked for, CCA request.
                            Does this mean that the letter from Renstons giving me until April the 9th 2015 is now to be disregarded?
                            Lily

Comment

What is the date on the Apex letter?
                              Apex is just the " collection " arm of Cabot
                              next desk different label!!
                              nem

Comment

What is the date on the Apex letter?
                                Apex is just the " collection " arm of Cabot
                                next desk different label!!
                                nem
                                The letter is dated 26th March 2015. Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X