• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

robinson way debt please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robinson way debt please help

I was contacted about 5 years ago by Robinson way regarding a debt for shop direct universal mail order
    I told them this wasn't my debt I have never had a universal mail order account of my own but I was a customer of my mum who had a universal mail order account until she past away about 5yrs ago her account was closed owing no money and I then opened my own account with shop direct with Kay's & co which I still have and use with a good credit limit and payment history
    I had not heard any more about this until a couple of months ago I started getting phone calls on my mobile and now text messages everyday i dont know how they have got my mobile number
    they have sent a letter they was passing the debt to another company andafter a month of no letters Robinson way have been backin touch again requesting payment
    Please can anyone advise me what to to as I am now fed up being harrased everyday

Thanks

Frank
    Tags: None

Re: robinson way debt please help

Hi Frank.
    RW are a pain with these dud catalogue debts.
    May I suggest a letter to Najib Nathoo CEO.

Private & Confidential

Dear Mr Nathoo,

I refer to recent correspondence from Robinson Way Regarding an alleged debt to shop direct which it is attempting to collect.

Please take not I do not acknowledge any debt to Robinson Way or any company it may claim to represent.

For clarification and the avoidance of any misunderstanding I am an active customer of Shop Direct in good standing.

The alleged debt which Robinson Way is attempting pursue appears to relate to an account once held by my late mother and I have no liability for this.

The continuing contact from Robinson by means of phone calls and text messages now amounts to harassment as Robinson way have previously been informed that I do not have any liability for this alleged debt.

Robinson Way Will now cease making contact with me in any way and will remove all data relating to me from its records.

I require Robinson Way to confirm in writing within 7 days that is has complied with this instruction, if such confirmation is not received I will be report the matter to the FCA together with a comment on the fitness of Robinson Way to hold a consumer credit
    licence.

use signed for post. Don't use a PO Box No. in the address.

Comment

Hi nemisis45
      Thank for your help
      I think I haven't explained this part right

The alleged debt which Robinson Way is attempting pursue appears to relate to an account once held by my late mother and I have no liability for this.

The debt they are saying is mine which I have never had a universal account of my own and was separate from my mums what i was trying to say was why would I have my own account when i was a customer of my mum until she died and her account was cleared and closed and this

Comment

Hi Frank,
        OK letter amended, for you to add anything or amend.

nem.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X