• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very Debt

Let us know what they say xxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Let us know what they say xxxx
      Hi
      Well I have sent the dreaded email this morning, will wait and see what they come back with and let you know....xx

Comment

Well done, hopefully it will be a lot less painful than you imagine xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well done, hopefully it will be a lot less painful than you imagine xxx
          hi
          I have just received an email back from Very, they said this "Unfortunately , as you are unable to meet the minimum payment it may be appropriate to discuss this with the Stepchange debt charity.
          What do you think I should do, I offered to pay £50 a month. I really did not want to have to go through stepchange. I am really stressing now ! xx

Comment

I think it would depend on your balance what amount they would accept, as well as your circumstances, it really is best to speak with them. Why do you not want to go through Stepchange ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I would just rather sort it out myself really, I thought if I offered then something then they would accept it, rather than not paying anything at all. I feel like this is spiraling out of control. The thought of a DMP scares me, it is going to take me so long to pay this all back ! I am supposed to be starting university soon so I know my income is going to be low for at least another 3 years, but to be honest the way things are going I don't even think I am going to go to uni as I am just so stressed and down. I was hoping to keep my credit card in case of emergency s ( i only have a small balance £100) but if I get in touch with Step change I have to tell them about all my credit, and I am scared of losing that. People I know have debts with credit cards/loans for 4000+ who are in a better financial situation than me, and they are paying them off at less than £50. I really don't know what to do !!!!

Comment

Okay, before you worry yourself out of going to Uni, RING STEPCHANGE. They aren't just a ''here's a DMP'' company, they will talk through your worries and options and you don't HAVE to do anything, and they can really help put your mind at ease and help you suss out what to do and what your situation actually is. They can also give you a reference number to pass on to VERY to put your account on hold for 28 days which gives you a breather on interest and charges racking up.

0800 138 1111 Freephone, including all major mobile networks*
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

It will take all your worries and fears way if you follow Ames sound advice. Sorting it out yourself is by no means the best option when you feel it's spir aling out of control :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

okay I will, I have to get something sorted out, it is literally making me ill. I cannot thank you all enough, especially you Ames. I feel so alone with this worry ! Do you think it would be best do do an online budget before I phone them, so I can give them facts/figures.....xx

Comment

If you do an online budget through their site it will give you a ref, I did that then rang them as the figures came out a bit weird, gave them that ref number, and got to speak to someone immediately about the whole case.

My situation now isn't as dire as it was the first time I used Stepchange (back when it was CCCS in 2006) I jumped on it straight away as soon as I realised things were going to get out of hand this time. The first time I had spent months with my head buried firmly in the sand, and things were majorly terrible then.... when I finally plucked up the courage to speak to CCCS(stepchange) I actually bawled my eyes out down the phone to them as it was such a bloody relief.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

If you do an online budget through their site it will give you a ref, I did that then rang them as the figures came out a bit weird, gave them that ref number, and got to speak to someone immediately about the whole case.

My situation now isn't as dire as it was the first time I used Stepchange (back when it was CCCS in 2006) I jumped on it straight away as soon as I realised things were going to get out of hand this time. The first time I had spent months with my head buried firmly in the sand, and things were majorly terrible then.... when I finally plucked up the courage to speak to CCCS(stepchange) I actually bawled my eyes out down the phone to them as it was such a bloody relief.
                        I think I will do the same when I phone them , the stress has been unbelievable I feel like my whole life is on hold. I owe approx 5500 in total for all debts. A lot of people I know owe this amount on one credit card and it completely unfazes them ! I suppose on a whole it is not an incomprehensible amount of money to owe, but to me is it ! It is because of a change in circumstances that I have been struggling. I am trying to get out of it, that is why I am going to university, to make a better life for me and my family. But at the minute because of the worry I just cannot think of anything else. Do you think they deal with a lot of people who owe this much money ??

Comment

Hi
                          I have completed an online budget form through step change and have worked out that I have £5 spare each month. I have explained that I owe very 4500 and it then advises that I could take out a dmp, and they will send me the application pack out. My parents have agreed to pay off my credit card bill and my other catologue bill. But they cannot help with Very as it is too much. Would this affect my dmp if I decided to go ahead ? If you could advise me again I would really appreciate it. Thank you xx

Comment

If you have included the debts that you parents are going to pay off in your budget then you would have to re do a budget form that would leave you with a little extra to help with the Very debt

Comment

Hi. thanks for replying. No I haven't included any off the debts that my parents are going to pay off in my budget I have just put my income and my outgoings and then just added Very as my only creditor as my others will be paid each month by my parents. Would this be okay ?

Comment

RING STEPCHANGE and talk to them.

If it helps I only have the Very debt and two teeny credit cards (ie under £400 total) and they have put me on £1 a month temporarily while I get things sorted (ie start getting an income again). Talk to them about going to uni and worries about your credit file for getting a student loan ? (I guess that is your worry?) and tell them your parents have offered to helpwith your other smaller debts and it is just this Very one you are not going to be able to manage.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X